1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Can't Mount On Wall

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by golfingguy27, May 6, 2011.

1. one nail will hold it and if its not centered just buy a drywall anchor and put a screw in there and your good to go.

2. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

I am a landlord . And would never tell a tenant that they can't hang any thing. Can they leave big holes ? No. But they can hang pictures and shelves.

3. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

order a cheap stand from mckenzie, $100 bucks. Then you can sell the stand later to one of us when you're in a place you can hang it on a wall. Or use the stand to learn taxidermy.

4. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

I'd suggest using a screw instead of a nail. Make sure you hit a stud. The screw works well not only for holding but I run the screw in reverse to act as a drill for the dry wall. Once you drill into the drywall put it in forward and screw into your stud. Doing it this way makes for a clean hole in the dry wall that is easy to fix. Also you don't have to worry about pulling a nail out of a stud and damaging your dry wall with a hammer when you leave.

5. WFT

WFT New Member

I think he may have been thinking that the mount was much heavier than it really is, and that he may have to use serveral brackets or whatever causing ugly spots. Making him think he may lose a deposit over it or requiring him to have to him hire someone to remove and do patch work later on. I would use a 3 inch wood srew instead of a nail if it were me. Just make sure you find a stud. Most likely it will not be in the center. Dont take anyones comments here negatively most are really trying to help you the best they know how.

6. FeatherHorn

FeatherHorn New Member

Every apartment or rental property I have ever lived in has always found a way to jip me on my deposit, even when I have left them looking better than before. Just my experience anyway :mad:

7. M.O.S

M.O.S Member

golfinguy,

Thank you so much for your post. I've only been doing taxidermy for a few years now, but my mounts are sure stacking up on the floor. I appreciate the idea you have to hang them on the wall. I can't believe i never thought of that before. If you have the time, maybe a tutorial would be nice on how you drive the nail.

8. bullbuster

bullbuster New Member

Get a 2x4 and screw it to the back of the couch. Make sure to center it. Then screw the 2x4 to the back of the deer form. For cool habitat get some stuff and attach it to the 2x4. That way no mater where you put your couch it will be centered behind it. Now that is creative! ;D Some days I wonder how the world goes around. ???

9. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Lol, you guys are bad news... ;)

10. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

I kind of like the 2 X 4 to the back of the couch. A little more work that the nail in the wall, but effective.

11. Matt

Matt Active Member

If you do decide to hang it on the wall, don't use a nail. Use a drywall screw. Nails can work out, and personally, it's not a chance I would take with my mounts. Good luck.

12. c70mach1

c70mach1 Let em grow.......

Bill your stirring the kettle . LMFAO....

13. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i know what he means about the nails. my mom moved in an apartment and the land lord told her the same thing. she had to get those sticky things to put up her pictures. one already fell off the wall. i told her the heck with him. let me put nails in. but she wont let me. doesn't want to make him mad. how about hanging him from the ceiling? when done jest screw the screws in. might be easier to hide.

14. They also sell these hooks at walmart that you push in and they have a long hook that goes inside the wall and supports itself on the sheetrock kinda looks like a offset worm hook works great, use them all the time and you won't have anything fall off. You won't have to hit a stud with these that's why they are made like that. Works with the style hangers I use and leaves a equal or smaller hole than a nail.

15. Yep.....pretty basic and easy!

16. vetanddamnproud

vetanddamnproud Pray for our troops who are still out in harms way

Ill just keep my mouth closed

17. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Guy.......stick with golf.

18. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member