1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week (starting May 6, 2011)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by zubba, May 6, 2011.

1. dc240nt

dc240nt Lets Talk Big Bucks!!

Thats probably the very best "first" deer Ive ever seen. Nice job.

2. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

Really nice deer dsbragg.

3. RICK LOPEZ

RICK LOPEZ New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Thanks I really apprecaite that! The colours and definition are kinda washed out in the picture with the flash, but I cant help but stare at it in the house. I think it looks great. I've had a great experience learning alongside a skilled a informative taxidermist. Things are looking good for the next mount!

5. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

You dang southerns and your short hair!! haha wish I got to do more than a hand full of those a year. As always, great job Dennis and Ron

6. Dennis and Ron C. DAM, you guys put out some incredible work!

7. Thanks guy's, I'm a fan of Ron C's work to. :)

Kyle, short hair is pretty but I like getting the long haired deer like you like short :D, sewing is less aggravating on those long haired ones. ::)

8. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Haha yeah I always think about that aspect of short hair too. Everything has its goods and bads. I guess if you do enough of one thing you enjoy some variety. I always get excited when in the middle of mounting gun kill deer I get to one that a bow hunter shot earlier in the bow season and brought in late. That heavy sneak buck of yours has a priemium A+++++ cape. Doesn't get any better than that cape for colors and flawlessness. Always nice to see a skilled taxidermist do a pretty animal all the justice it deserves.

9. Appreciate that Kyle, and I agree about that cape, it was almost perfect. That was a buck from WY, first deer I have done from there and I was impressed with how nice he was, rack and all. :eek:

10. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Those western whitetails have some nice color to them. I've mounted a montana buck and a western ND buck and they had some great capes and color too.

11. dljhunt

dljhunt New Member

GREAT WORK everybody. Ron C. if you were closer I would quite doing my personal stuff and get you to do them. AWSOME WORK AS ALWAYS.

12. Bo Hersey

Bo Hersey Member

As always nice Dennis .

13. Thanks guys.
    I mounted a deer from New York this week that I would call long haired. Really enjoyed the change and the bulk of the mount overall. Repair work was so easy to cover on that one. I like em all even the ones with paint for hair.

14. X2,very very nice.

15. minehill

minehill New Member

X2 on Rons work..unbelievable

16. WFT

WFT New Member

Dennis and I just had a converstion saturday about these paech fuzz deer hides and having to be flawless when sewing them up. Dennis and I prefer ILLINOIS deer, he will tell you the same. Ron great job!!!

17. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Dennis & Ron.....WOW!!!!!!!!!

18. Heres a Fallow I just finished, one of my own for a change. A Mckenzie form, first time Ive used it so I did one of my own. Shortened the face 3/4 of an inch, gave it a bit of a roman nose, very happy with the result.
    Cam
    Down under

Attached Files:

19. Major

Major New Mexico.....Not much different than the old one

Beautiful work everyone......

Attached Files:

20. Major

Major New Mexico.....Not much different than the old one

Sure good to see all of the nice work recently....

Attached Files: