1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

!!CONGRATS!! To my friend, Lowell Shapely a.k.a Gulf Coast Waterfowl

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by nate, May 7, 2011.

1. brettdef

brettdef Member

This young man has more artistic ability in his little finger than I will ever have and what a humble young man to top it off. I was able to have some great conversation with him and hope we will have a future together as friends and maybe even work together in the future. Lowell Great Job and we will talk soon.

Brett D

2. Gray Ghost Safaris

Gray Ghost Safaris Hunting Consultant

FYI: His web site link isn't working or is down. I saw his award winning piece and it was outstanding.

3. stuffinducks

stuffinducks New Member

Sweet and Congrats!

SD

4. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

awesome mount :eek: :eek: :eek: congrats Lowell !!!
    cant wait for the tutorial ;D ;D ;D

5. Congratulations Lowell! It truly is a masterpiece of taxidermy and art!

6. birdtaxidermy

birdtaxidermy New Member

Mr Shapley... I truly wish i could have been there to witness such a beautiful piece of Art. THAT is what the World Show is all about... I am saddened that i wasnt there to help make the call on that... I guess you know what the judges are looking for... One of the best pieces artisticly i have seen in some time. Truly inspirational and i am very proud of you. That Toucan bill looks familiar ;D
    Shane

7. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Nice work Lowell.

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

congrats man. awesome mount!

9. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

Again, thanks to all you guys. I had a lot of fun hanging out with some of you, Jerry and Kerby.

Brett D.... Man, congrats on your win. You deserved it. Talent? Dont sell yourself short there. I bet you can do things with turkeys one handed that most cant do with both. and as for your siminar... I was VERY enlightened. Im not afraid anymore. :) Im getting a turkey in on Tuesday, and willl be giving you a call about a body. I tryed to find you saturday, but you disapered. Im looking forward to finishing our conversation.

MR. SMITH.... It was I who was saddened when Kathy told me that you were not coming, and why you needed to be back in Alabama was very much understood. Of all the poeple I wanted to meet, your's was one of the hands I was most wanting to shake. Thats ok as I have no doubt we will eventually cross paths at some point. I appreciate the kind words and I hope to really bring some great stuff in the future. That head did come out nice after a few hickups!

10. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Lowell, nice piece brother and congrats again! Dan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. wingman

wingman Active Member

CONGRATS LOWELL!!!!!! As soon as I saw the pics of the piece "coming together" I KNEW its potential. Its Great to see the judges saw the true talent it took to produce a piece like that. Great composition,colors,etc. and the talent it took to "put it all together" You deserve every bit of the recognition and praise you get from this, I am glad to call you my friend! CONGRATS!!

12. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

RDA was right the colors draw your eyes up and down again the green of the bill the moss and the bromeilads what a piece of work

13. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Nicely played, excellent looking piece!! Congrats!

14. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Awesome! Congrats!

15. Nicely done, that is a work of art!!!

16. Congrats on a great job.

17. trophy mount TN

trophy mount TN Trophy Mount Taxidermy

beautiful piece of art! well deserved!

18. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Lowell,..........

Lowell, congrats son (you owe me a Father's Day card next year LOL). What a talented artist and taxidermist! I am truly proud of you! Last year I voted for your piece at the Texas Show and actually thought that piece was better (but I am not a bird guy, so what do I know). I can't wait to see what you will pull together in the future.

Congrats again! So well deserved!

:)

Kerby...

19. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

That entire piece, from top to bottom, is a masterpiece. It will go down in taxidermy history as one of the greats! You really do deserve the Best in World award!