1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

32nd Annual Louisiana Taxidermist Association Annual Convention & Competition

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by MireTaxidermy, May 8, 2011.

1. I have made plans to attend this convention but since it is the first one I have no clue what I need to do to register my birds for the competition. Do I contact Harry Vermaelen or just show up at the convention and register there. I would appreciate if anyone could help me out. Thanks!

2. duckhntr594

duckhntr594 Duckin' & Pluckin' Taxidermy

You can just show up and register

3. Thanks Duckhntr.

4. duckhntr594

duckhntr594 Duckin' & Pluckin' Taxidermy

No prob! See ya there

5. schenk

schenk Member

I'm coming also. I will see ya'll there I reckon.
    Ready for friday to get there and see how my 2 items do and then learn how to make them better.
    What time is registration and what's the entry fee cost?
    I'm bout 4hrs out.
    Thanks and I look forward to seeing lots of great bird mounts and some awesome seminars.

6. mountman62

mountman62 New Member

is there a link anywhere with some info on the show, might be able to come & look around, wondering about the seminars also

7. Lee Duet

Lee Duet New Member

I believe registration is either 35 or 45 for the wkend and it's 15 bucks per entry. Good luck to all who's going!!

8. schenk

schenk Member

I couldn't find a link, Looks like LTA page is down or something.
    Maybe just call and see about the seminars. I think they are having a bird seminar saturday.

9. Lee Duet

Lee Duet New Member

Yes Cody bellanger and I are having a hands on seminar at 130 sat. We will be bringing 4 or 5 birds for everyone to work on.

10. schenk

schenk Member

Cool, i'll look forward to that seminar!
    Do we need to bring birds or is it a help? Bring a fleshed bird washed up? I have a few extras in the freezer.

11. Lee Duet

Lee Duet New Member

No it's a help seminar this time if it all works out then maybe next year we will have everybody bring their own bird.I think we gonna do a flying,standing,swimming and hanging dead bird

12. schenk

schenk Member

Oh ok, well that will be great. Thanks for the info, lots of birds and learning going on in that one I imagine.

13. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

Lee and Cody are two of the great young bird taxis out there... Gonna be a great seminar for sure... Can't wait... Gonna be some great bird mounts and good times... Bring plenty of gambling money for the first annual unsanctioned washers tourney...no IOU and personal checks please... ;D I look forward to seeing everyone who attends...
    Brandon

14. schenk

schenk Member

Registration starts at 1pm friday, seminars start at the same time or there close.
    Mount pickup is noon sunday, not before.
    Looking forward to it, and hope that info helps some folks with questions.

15. Does anybody know what seminars are at what time so I can try and plan my weekend at the convention.

16. Lee Duet

Lee Duet New Member

130-330 Harry V "how to fix it when it's screwed up. 330-530 Terry Rheinlander" what judges look for".Those 2 are Friday . Sat...830-11 David Hoover " fish mounting". 130-400 Lee Duet and Cody Belanger "hands on duck mounting". Sunday....8-11 Joe Strange " painting a redfish" . Hope this helps u out

17. Lee Duet

Lee Duet New Member

Oh and Louis Mars sat 830 to 11 "whitetail"

18. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

Re: 32nd Annual Louisiana Taxidermist Association Annual Convention & Competiti

Hey guys, what time is the competition viewing? Im gonna be there saturday to pick up a load of birds and thought it would give me a chance to see the show. Brandon, glad to see you going. Looking forward to meeting you among others.

19. Lee Duet

Lee Duet New Member

530 to 630 but rarely is on time lol

20. schenk

schenk Member

I'll look forward to seeing everyone and watching some of these seminars.
    Ready to get my learn on this weekend!!