1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pedestal Bases - Copper

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Marsh Master, May 9, 2011.

1. For Sale: Handcrafted Copper Pedestal bases shown with Damascus style cork inlaid panels.

The 8-sided pedestal dimensions are 35 3/4" X 20 3/4" X 20 3/4". It has a recess of 1 1/2" going into the habitat area and 1" recessed habitat backed by 5/8" plywood.

The 4-sided pedestal dimensions are 35 3/4" X 17 7/16" X 17 7/16". It has a recess of 1 1/2" going into the habitat area and 1" recessed habitat backed by 5/8" plywood.

All my pedestals are made with 16 oz and 20 oz. solid copper components/ pieces. They are fully soldered and in some areas, sheet metal screws have been used for added rigidity. After they have been soldered, they get sanded. polished, and given a patina to give the handcrafted, and antiqued look. Light scratch marks, dings, or streak marks from patina, and solder is visible, and is what truly adds character to each piece.

New designs will be added regularly, and I am now accepting custom work with 2-3 week lead times. Please feel free to pm me with any questions, or give me a call.

Website coming soon

Thank you for looking, and I hope you like what you see.

Ross Vogler

Attached Files:

2. :)

Psycho Deer

Attached Files:

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Those are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Ross.
  4. Thank you, Tim.

For all that saw these at the WTC, they seem to really like them. Had a few guys that are interested in them, and I am waiting to see how things pan out. I am hoping to bring some really tasteful pedestals, bases, and copper habitat to the industry, but all I can do is hope.

I have a long road ahead of me, and I need to get the website rolling, along with literature, and magazine ads. The cost of materials is a killer, but in all honesty, copper is not for everyone. I am offering these at a very reasonable price. The chimney pots I used to make went for $1300 a piece, and that was standard throughout the US for something that takes just as much time and materials as these pedestals.

I am open to suggestions and comments.

Thanks again for looking.

5. peedeedeer

peedeedeer Bridges Custom Woodwork swampbuck32@yahoo.com

Ross, i have to say , those are sweet.
  6. Thank you, John. Your work is always nice as well. Thanks for the compliments.
  7. r2dn

r2dn New Member

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Makes me wish I was still in the business. You are and artist and craftsman!
  8. Gee, thank you, Sir. That means alot to me.

I just want people to know that you can request other types of wood for the inlays if needed, or a lighter color patina or even a traditional verdigris (green) patina . We can work together on a design ideas you may have. Thanks again.
  9. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Getting the chance to use the first one in the World Show was a pleasure. I received a ton a questions and compliments on the piece. Even the judge had something to say. LOL You left your fancy carpet pieces here though Ross. I noticed there weren't any copper bases finished sitting in there though. LOL ;D

Great work on the bases Ross and I have some clients that will be interested in them as soon as they see the pictures. Thanks, Dan
  10. Thank you, Dan. You mount up a hell of a deer head, and am honored to have him in my house. I will post the pics in the gameheads sections sometime this week. As far as the carpet goes, you can have them. lol I was looking all over for them, but couldn't find em'.

Hurry up and show your clients!!! I need to move some product. lol
  11. Jeff.

Jeff. New Member

These are beautiful!
  12. bearrug48

bearrug48 New Member

Very nice work.
  13. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Now those are SWEET
  14. Thanks, guys.

Heading down south today for a family get together, and to assist in tornado cleanup. Lead time change to 3-4 weeks, but I do have 1 of each pictured for sale, discounted at %10 off.

Thanks again for looking.
  15. To cover a few Q and A.

16. New price of $475. Hoping to get these into your showroom by deer season @ this very affordable rate. Different styles of wood and patina available.

I have 1 square one in stock, and am running 1 week lead times from date of payment on all other orders.

Thanks for looking.

Ross Vogler
    812-303-7015 (shop)
    812-309-1716 (cell)
  17. jason

jason Active Member

DANG Ross!! you done outdone yourself here!!! ;D :eek: AWEEEESOOOME!!!!!
    soon as I slow down on signs and do more taxi work again, I want one!!!
  18. Ruttin Bull

Ruttin Bull New Member

what would the shipping be to 87413
  19. PM sent, and thank you Jason...........it means alot.

Just to clarify, this price reduction is for the 8-sided. If you are interested in the 4-sided, give me a call to work out a deal.

Thanks again

20. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Absolutely Beautiful Bases Ross .