1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

deer eats a bird...has any one seen this...pics added

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 689, May 14, 2011.

1. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Re: deer eats a bird...has any one seen this...pics pending !!

Opportunistic bastard! LOL!
    Deer are weird. Feathers have got to taste like crapola.

2. WFT

WFT New Member

From here on out my deer feeders will consist of corn, sweetfeed, and wounded birds. ;D

3. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

That is definitely different. Kind of cool.

4. lol, awesome.

5. jimhow

jimhow Member

No problem Bill. Sorry they're small, I posted that from work. I'll see if I can make them bigger from my laptop. Cool pics, the third shot almost looks like it's eating a bat!

6. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Well, that settles it. No secondary meat chicken raising in my deer pens. How ever....My game chickens have raised broods in with the deer and I have never seen then try to eat one. But then again, I am not out there all the time and those game mommas are HELL on anything that messes with their babies! :eek:

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

If you have to TB test in your state, you might wanna rethink raising birds with deer. Avian TB may give your deer a false positive. Just a heads up, just in case. :)

8. I will clarify that the bites came when moving and working the deer, as a form of defense so to speak, not just being in the pen with them. They have hundreds of them to handle. I don't have teeth on my fingers or hands, but if I grab you most anywhere and mash hard, I can leave a mark along with some pain. Now just think if I had one row of teeth on my hand to add to that. ;)

9. Bill Yox

Dennis if that was said to me, my apologies, and allow me to clarify. I myself am not saying they dont, or cant bite, all I added was that if they do bite, they dont even have upper teeth to add to it, see what I mean? Thats why I also said that truly WOULD be a surprise to me, to get bit, that is.

If it helps at all, I have been bit hard by cow elk. They also love grinding their teeth in disgust of you, so I have found, lol.

I havent been outright bit by a deer yet, but, the wonders never cease!

10. No Bill, not at you, just wanted to say that so it didn't look like I meant the deer would come at you like an old billy goat. LOL The teeth part was thrown in as a result of you mentioning that they only had the lower set though. Shoot, I remember my daughter laying into me when she only had one tooth on the bottom, man she drew blood! :eek:

11. Bill Yox

Yeah I hear ya, I hated breast feeding too, lol. Ouchies.

12. linder

linder New Member

Not sure but when deer are feeding they must eat anthang had a friend that shot a buck , It was a sunny day and when we went to get it we saw something shinning as we got closer we saw that it was one of those ''HAPPY BIRTHDAY'' balloons,it had swallowed and when he shot the deer it blew it half way out of him .

13. Ron B

Alabama
    I knew there was sometin diffrent bout you yankees! :eek: ??? ???

14. livbucks

You can milk anything with nipples.

15. Bill Yox

I was always taught that a good dad always helped out ya know?

16. livbucks

No good Dad goes unpunished.

17. Ron B

Alabama
    Yeah! I've done my share of "expressing"! ;)

I was rendered incapable of lactating though by a direct sting to the nipple by a huge bumbble bee when I was on a ladder one day! It was such a traumatic event that I still have "issues" when something "buzzes past me! A simple humming bird can make me grab both nipples and dive to the ground screaming!!!! ! A little PTSD if you ask me!!

18. Bill Yox

I believe I was deemed incapable of lactating about 50 years ago, truth be told. Bzzzzzz.

19. livbucks

That stuff tastes like rusty metal anyway. YUCK! Phoooey!
    What infant in their right mind would like that yetch?

20. Bill Yox

Ill take a stab at this one...Growing ones? ;)