1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I'll tell you what, we'll try one..............

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Glen Conley, May 15, 2011.

1. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

I had recently posted a photo of a sculpture with it's chin up. I had people that liked it, and people that advised to stick with the time honored. I went back and changed the head angle.

I just did another form alteration as to use the form as my armature. I hot glued 3/4" thick slices of foam on a 16" neck. I whittled these to basic measurement and then started using magic-sculpt to help take shape. Body filler will be used to get me to finished results.

The "LOOK" shows now on this sculpture. What do you think, and second guessing your clients, what do you think they will think? I can also always make another with these measurements 7 x 18 x 20 with the chin down. I can also do more sculpts of different sizes if the demand is there. We'll let time and total feedback sort it all out.

Attached Files:

• 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Matt

Matt Active Member

I put together ALOT of wts on head up poses and would definately be intersted in seeing more of these!

3. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Great job as usual Glen. ;)

4. Glen Conley

Matt, if you would be interested in joining up with us in the promotions we'll be running, let me know. It will be primarily web advertising. You can be the chin up guy.

This first one may be too small for you. I'm just assuming you are taking in a lot of mature bucks. Let me know your position on everything.

Dan, thanks for the compliment.

5. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I like the looks of it Glen. I don't get many asking for them though.

6. Dan

Dan One Year Old Already!

Looking good. I really like the head up poses. Nose to the wind.

7. Glen Conley

Nephew! Nephew! Nephew! Remember as a taxidermist you have to all the time be thinkin'!

What you have to do is put a rump mount on the inside corner of one wall, and the chin up buck with a flehmen nose and mouthpiece on the other. HUH!?!

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thanks Glen, I would be interested. I do alot of them in various sizes. I did some smaller ones in the 17-18 range early in the season. I do have one right now that is 17 3/4 that I need to mount in the next few months. It will be converted to a pedistal though for the client. It that would qualify, just let me know and I would be happy to try one out on it.

9. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

True, I may have to try that