1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help with double whitetail pedestal ideas...

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Big Sky, May 16, 2011.

1. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Two years ago my daughter killed this light colored buck her first year deer hunting (age 12).
    [​IMG]

Last year I killed this much darker colored whitetail after a long and difficult season.
    [​IMG]

A good friend of mine that is an exceptionally good taxidermist owes me a favor or two, and has offered to mount these two bucks for me any way I would like...and I would like to do some kind of double pedestal mount. Because I consider many of you here to be the "Best of the Best", I'm hoping that some of you could please post some photographs of bucks you have mounted together to help give me some ideas of how to compose this mount.

2. doedumatch

doedumatch Member

Google two pedestal whitetail. A few good ideas there.

3. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Tried the google thing before I posted. Wasn't a whole lot there. Was hoping for a little better help here, but guess not.

4. alabamarutandstrut

alabamarutandstrut Hero's are people who help people in need.

Red cedar stumps make great ped stands, and you can mount 1 right and 1 left. Preasure wash and cleaer coat. I mounted an Elk on 1 and it looks great.

Attached Files:

5. Big Sky, Congratulations to both of you on your bucks! I have not mounted two bucks together so I can't help you with a photo. I have mounted a buck and doe on a habitat together.
    There are some real nice looking pedestal mounts in the photos someone posted from the World Show. I like the classic look of a sculptured bust of a deer on a walnut pedestal (like you would see a bronze done). You might could do one as an anchor with the other buck attached to the side. Mike Boyce has some great pieces on his website that might give you some ideas. Back when I used to compete I would build mock-ups of forms with antlers attached to see how mounts would look together in a scene and look at them from different angles. I would make sketches of ideas I had in my head. From looking at your art work on this site and after viewing your website you should be able to knock this out of the park as far as composition is concerned.
    I'm anxious to see what you come up with.
    Eddie

6. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Eddie and Alabama thanks for the suggestions. Gives me somewhere to start.