1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

One happy girl...

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by trm, May 17, 2011.

1. trm

trm New Member

last fri, my 9 yr old daughter harvested her first turkey, and what a day it was i am so proud of her. 22lbs, 9.5" beard, and 1" hooks, shot at less than 5 yards..... simply AWESOME!!!!!!!!
    first pic is a still I took from the video right befor she shot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

What a beautiful moment to get to share with your daughter. I know your proud. Great memories. Congrats!

3. Great bird, great pictures, and great memories!

4. huntin_justin

huntin_justin Active Member

What abeautiful bird, Those memories will last forever for both of ya.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Now THAT'S the type picture that needs to be made up into a poster sized print. Great photo. Congratulations.

6. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

That is totally awesome. Good job to both of you.

7. A memory you will never forget. Great pictures and congratulations to your daughter and hopefully many more turkey's to come.

8. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Awesome! that had to be so exciting for her. I know after 10 years of turkey hunting I just got my first bird this season and I know how excited I was.

Todd B

9. WOW Congrats!!!! A moment that you will never forget. I still remember when my daughter harveted her first goose. Its been over 10 years ago and it seems like yesterday. Great job you two :) and Thanks for passing on the tradition of hunting to the next generation, our future.

10. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Sweet!

Congratulations. Awesome photos.
    Dan

11. Congrads young lady, nice bird. It's a good day when you can spend it with your kids in the woods.
    Jim

12. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

Awesome. Unfortuntly another season has escaped us without my 9 year old dtr getting a turkey. She jas been goin with me since she was 5 and been carring a gun weapon for two years now. Year before this seadon had a nice one at 7 steps and we couldnt pull it off. This season 55 yards was as close as i could get her. Oh well maybe next year wjen shes 10.

13. jevic035

jevic035 Member

congrats to the young lady & proud dad

14. Gray Ghost Safaris

Gray Ghost Safaris Hunting Consultant

Outstanding! Congrats to you both!

15. dec

dec New Member

Sweet! CONGRATS! Awesome pictures and something to be proud of. 8)

My 9 year old daughter also killed one with a crossbow this year. Her 2nd with a crossbow and 3rd overall. All on video as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ltL31wG-Uk

16. That was great loved the video Congrats

17. not sure what pose will you choose for that bird, but i will definatelly would choose a dead mount ...{got a good ref picture} and put one of those pictures under the bird..

Priceless is a very "poor" word for what that moment should feel like !!! ;) but it could last for many more years

18. Brian

Brian Active Member

just awesome. congrats

19. papagoose

papagoose papagoose and goslings

moments To live for congrats man and tell your daughter good shootin

20. Wouter

Wouter Member

Sweet girl (both of them) and a great turkey, almost as big as she is :D

Just wondering, is there a legal minimum age for hunting with bow or gun in the USA? In my country (Holland) you have to be at least 18 years old to hunt with a gun (crossbows are not permitted), but here hunting is not such a popular and accepted passtime as it is in the USA. Also, because our county is so small and densely populated, the safety regulations for hunting are very strict.

Wouter