1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WANTED: Freak Animals, Unusual & Antique Taxidermy, Pet Taxidermy

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by BatCountryBooks, May 19, 2011.

1. BatCountryBooks

BatCountryBooks Member

PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO SELL!

!!! CASH PAID FOR FREAK ANIMALS !!!

I am a private collector of animal specimens with deformities , and I am looking for new additions to my collection. Looking for specimens with extra limbs, conjoined animals, cycloptic animals, two-headed animals, or anything else completely out of the ordinary. I am not interested in odd colored animals (including albino), fantasy pieces, or gaffs. Below are just a few of the specimens in my collection which have been purchased from people just like you for CASH!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also interested in unusual vintage taxidermy, including antique shoulder mounts of things like household pets, wild cats, baboons, etc.. Anything out of the ordinary. All items of this nature must be legal to own, sell, or buy.. I don't want anything that is not legal to own, and will request that you prove it's legal to own any iffy items.

PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO SELL!

2. vetanddamnproud

vetanddamnproud Pray for our troops who are still out in harms way

Im speechless at the moment but Ill see what i can find

3. BatCountryBooks

BatCountryBooks Member

Still buying, and also wanted to note.. I will pay a finder's fee if you point me to specimens that I am able to successfully purchase. The better & more unusual the specimen, the more the finder's fee!

Also looking for: Full body Hyena mount with a prominent mane for less than $1k.

4. Obsucra is an antique store in New York city they buy and sell items like that, on there TV show they bought 3 deformed piglets

5. BatCountryBooks

BatCountryBooks Member

I know them well, I have taped an episode of that show before.

6. I look for this kind of thing all the time - but usually it's out of my price range. If I find something cool I'll definitely let you know.

7. 3StarGuy

3StarGuy New Member

What is in the first picture?

8. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

They have some mounted gaff 2-headed ducklings on eBay, but you've probably already seen them. A few weeks ago there was a deformed piglet, but I can't find it now =(. Anyways, awesome collection; I'm mucho jealous

9. BatCountryBooks

BatCountryBooks Member

Thanks! Like I said, If I end up buying anything I'm referred to.. I will pay you a finder's fee!

First picture is of a cyclops dwarf nigerian goat. It also only has one horn!

Don't buy gaffs, but I've def. seen them all over eBay. Unfortunately, while I'm looking for the real deal. The pig was way overpriced, but very cool. Freak pigs are pretty common, and not worth much. Thanks for the compliments! That is only part of the freak collection. I own 14 specimens right now.

10. Bone_Shoppe

Bone_Shoppe New Member

Your best bet for freak animals is direct to the source and you get the best prices that way. Contact breeders directly. Red Eared Slider Turtle Freaks are fairly common. Hog Farms have freak piglets sometimes. etc... Just get in touch with them and have them keep your phone number on hand, should they get any deformities. that's how I've gotten some of my personal colelction and ended up paying A LOT less than if I bought from a collector selling. Just a heads up.

11. BatCountryBooks

BatCountryBooks Member

I'd say about half of the collection are directly from breeders, I Just have feelers out here because a lot of times breeders drop them off on the hands of taxidermists.

12. Damage

Damage Pull the wool over your own eyes!

OT and for a free bump, My GF (Taxi_grl_ga) and I LOVE Oddities. I'll bet we saw you if your episode aired. =)

13. I've got a baby ball python with the yolk still attached, preserved in alcohol. It's got some serious facial malformations as well as quite a few kinks in the body. It has no prominent cheeks like a normal ball python, and I think it's missing one, or both eyes. It's head is kind of tube shaped rather than being triangle shaped like a normal ball python. Pretty neat. It's preserved in a jar, I'd like to keep the specific jar it's in, but can ship it in another jar if you're interested.

Let me know!

14. BatCountryBooks

BatCountryBooks Member

My episode hasn't aired yet.. don't know if it will or not. I taped back in November, but if it ever airs, I'll be on there with the cyclops goat.

If you can send me a photo, I'd appreciate it. A lack of eyes would be of interest to me.

15. I was upset that back in March when I was in NYC that the Oddities shop was close from filming. I always made my trips to NYC amazing but coming back with a skull or something weird. That was a bad day for sure.

I do have something in my collections of skulls that might fall under freak animals, sadly I'm not sell it at the moment (I love that skull too much to part with it).

Below is what is a Fox Skull, presumably it could have been a ranch fox or wild. ITs the skull on the left, on the right is a Red Fox skull to so the difference.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This fellow had a major overbite and his teeth grew in abnormal directions. Because of the overbite, his bottom jaw will not close properly. Also its hard to see, but has tiny holes all around where his teeth are which some have told me it might have been from lack of vitamin/minerals in its diet or possible some type of bone degrading disease even.

I got this skull out in PA at a Native American shop which I know has messed up skulls/deformed from what I've seen on my visits. I'm going out there in the end of June and can see if I can find any freak skulls/interest items if your interested. I'm not sure if you are after weird skulls.

16. BatCountryBooks

BatCountryBooks Member

For skulls, it would have to be pretty messed up for me to have interest in it. It would have to come from a two-faced animal, or cycloptic animal. Minor deformities are pretty common.

17. Ah gotcha. Sadly I don't think they have anything of those lines. But I'll check to be sure when I'm there.

18. [​IMG]

There's the photos. You can see on one side it has no eye at all, not even a socket, and on the other side the eye was deformed, and it was always cloudy like that, not just from the alcohol.
    The yolk is still attached, and the umbilical chord is wrapped around the mid section tightly, probably the main cause of death in the egg.
    There are several kinks in the body, the tip of the tail is missing or deformed, and the entire head is malformed. The cheeks on a ball python are typically very large, and on this hatchling, they are non existent, the head is a 'tube' rather than a 'triangle' that is typical of all other ball pythons.

I think the pattern on this baby is called 'spider'. It was much more yellow, alcohol takes away some of the pigment.
    Let me know if you're interested, I have no idea what to ask for it, since I've never seen another sold.

19. ravenswings1

ravenswings1 New Member

USA
    Jarred specimens are so hard to come by in general. I have been searching for a while myself (not freaks because those are too expensive for me) I think that most science companies don't offer them either because they would be so fragile to ship. And buying animals frozen cost so much for shipping. Someone on here has reptiles for sale but they want $75 for shipping alone. I saw the new episode of oddities last night the lady paid $700 for that 2 faced kitten like yours, and it didn't even look like an authentic specimen jar.

20. ravenswings1

ravenswings1 New Member

USA
    Btw, does anyone know you can buy small syringes w/ needles for injecting the formalin?