1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Dream Catcher Buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Kyle Lakey, May 19, 2011.

1. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

I've had a few people ask about the deer in my profile pic now so thought I'd throw up some pics of it since I don't think I will be taking it to anymore shows. Just want to thank Nina for letting me use the main idea we came up with from her logo and another drawing she was doing at the time. Was hoping to both do a dream catcher pedestal this year and see what we both came up with for ideas but she spent alot of time this year on some other great pieces she did for competition.

This is a WI buck that was found dead 5 or 6 years ago. Got a nice cape for it which also has a mane and put it on a coombs northern semi sneak I altered.

Wisconsin show
    2nd+ open division whitetail
    Van Dykes Award - Most origional and creative composition
    Most Artistic whitetail open division

Iowa Show
    1st Pro division whitetail
    Best of Category
    Most Appealing Mount pro division whitetail
    1 of my 4 pieces that won pro division Competators Award

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. zubba

zubba Active Member

That was a sweet piece Kyle. You should also mentioned that you carved the feather yourself...with a chainsaw. :eek: That was equally impressive as the mount itself. Great piece all around.

3. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    That was an awesome piece! One of my favorites at the Iowa show. Congrats

4. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Thanks guys. Haha yeah thanks Kurt. Never carved anythign with a chainsaw before but I just gave er and it turned out pretty good. Its funny both judges were scared to touch it, lol. Kurt your pedestal was a great piece too. It was pretty cool all 3 of us were so close on the score.

5. Beautiful piece!

6. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

WOW! That is awesome and thank you for the photos.

7. tem

tem Well-Known Member

wow. i was checking out the buck and its back that i never notice the carved feather. :eek:. nice job kyle.

8. That is amazing Kyle. Great art. Congrats!

9. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Wow beautiful deer! Great mount!

10. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Thanks for the compliments guys. Was a fun project.