1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

note to new sellers

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by gab, May 19, 2011.

1. gab

gab Active Member

heres a little advice:If you are brand new on here and your first act is to try to sell high value items worth thousands,I suggest you go out of your way to let us know who you are and how established as a taxidermist you are.No info,no location and a hidden email set off bells and alarms with me,especially involving items like L/S bighorn sheep and L/S african lions and other high dollar items.I'm not directing this to any one individual,I've just noticed alot of new posts and posters lately.
    Just sayin

2. mimes

mimes Member

EXACTLY..............what i was thinking

3. Diamond D Taxidermy

Diamond D Taxidermy I HAVE to grow old...I DON'T have to grow up!

and put a price!...I may make an offer for something at 200.00 when in fact you would have sold it to me for 100.00...you can always come down on a price..hard to go up!...just tell us what you have to have for it...

4. rccub

rccub Member

seems like there are lots of new folks
    trying to sell things on here lately. :-\
    what cracks me up, is a person with one post
    comes on here to sell a high dollar item.
    then another person with one post, tells
    us how great the first person is. ;D ;D

5. gab

gab Active Member

and I think:Danger!Danger!

6. maxman

maxman Active Member

Then you look at their profile and they're from Nigeria. :eek:

7. Diamond D Taxidermy

Diamond D Taxidermy I HAVE to grow old...I DON'T have to grow up!

yep....even though this section says FOR SALE...some must think it says FOR AUCTION....not ebay here..just list a price with CREDIBAL references

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Whats credibal? ;) And who said they must post a price? Us?

9. I really like this taxidermy site. It is not hard to see why it is a good site for everyone either.

10. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

Isn't selling for best offer is still selling ?whats wrong with with running an auction type saleThey do it all the time at taxidermy conventions why not here.
    Many times I have seen items sell for less than I would have paid and would have liked to have had a chance to make a higher offer.

11. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Getting back to topic, I agree with Gary. If you want to be trusted you have to let us see who you are. I am not sending money to someone who has an hidden email and no profile information. If you are a good business person then you have nothing to hide.

12. Texashillcountry

Texashillcountry Active Member

I'm sitting here with gary right now, and he is so right.

Seller, give us some information about you, were your located and price.