1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

how to mount a hooded merganser drake, a tutorial by Ryan P Kostyniuk

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by RyanP, May 21, 2011.

1. dwalls

dwalls New Member

Can you use gasoline to degrease coons? Or is that just for birds.

2. Marking

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. Thanks for the tutorial. I've been moun ting birds for over 30 years and this is the first time I ever came across another taxidermist that uses acrylic paints and hand paints like I do. Do you have aa reason for not using an airbrush?Just curious.

4. i use a brush and acyrlycs because I feel i can get better results with them. I just dont seem to have the coordination for an airbrush. maybe if i had the time to practice with one, but i work another full time job, and barely have time for the taxidermy that i do.

5. Niccum

Niccum New Member

Awsome tutorial!

6. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Thanks Ryan, Great tutorial.

7. madhgrupe

madhgrupe New Member

Wow, good tutorial, I wrote note on "different " techniques you use that I do not, One big question out to all bird taxidermist, What is the key to the hood standing up perfectly and not splitting right or left slightly after done???

8. boarzhead

boarzhead God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal!

This is my favorite duck. When I got my first one the thing was flying about 60mph. I have never seen a bird fly so fast. Great job not only on tutorial but on harvest of this guy...

9. WayneP

WayneP New Member

This is the type of information that made me register on the site. I appreciate your efforts to post this. THX!

10. vahunter

vahunter New Member

agreed. Thanks very much. I just got done (minus painting and injecting the feet) with my first taxidermy attempt using this tutorial.

Attached Files:

11. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

FINALLY!!! A tutorial that shows how to paint a duck bill without having to use an airbrush!!! I've got a Black/Green mallard color phase in the freezer that I've been stressing about having no way to paint the beak without needing expensive tools. ;D. Now I can thaw that thing out, and get some pics of it on here!!! ;D

12. WayneP

WayneP New Member

Ha ha X2! Whats up with that?

13. Bayou Boy

Bayou Boy New Member

Mark