1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Which taxidermy supply company do YOU prefer and WHY?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by New Guy, May 23, 2011.

1. WASCO

18 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. Van Dyke's

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. McKenzie

36 vote(s)
    34.6%
  4. Dan Rinehart Taxi. Supp.

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. Jim Allred Taxi. Supp.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other... ?

32 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. Matuska

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. New Guy

New Guy New Member

I know this is a pretty open ended question, but I'm looking for a basic overall answer as to who YOU prefer to deal with for your taxi. supplies and WHY. I think this could help narrow things down a little for beginners like myself. Thanks in advance!

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I said "other" because I use different companies for different things. The one who has what I need is my favorite at the time ;D

3. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Head Quarters Supply, because they carry Gene Smith's deer forms. Oh yeah and I work there also. ;)

4. McKenzie. Better variety and a distribution center close by. Order one day and get supplies the next.

5. tem

tem Well-Known Member

X2 redwolf

6. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Mainly McKenzie and Research
    Some van dykes and WASCO...

I cant recall ever ordering from any other company but these four.

7. Mckenzie, WASCO, ummm sometimes van dykes... mainly Mckenzie and WASCO.

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I do not have a favorite and if you want to make it in this business you better not either!! McKenzie has incredible service and good whitetails, Joe Coombs whitetails ROCK, Research has the best bobcats, Jetz has awesome muledeer, axis, Scimitar, aoudad, etc, WASCO still has the best foam, paint, etc., Van Dykes has the largest selection of unique forms you can find, Jonas has the best antelope shoulders and are coming out with a whole new line of african, Walnut Creek Hardwood has the best wood products.......and so on and so on.

One of the biggest mistakes people make is they base their prices on the cheapest supplies which they try to buy..............I don't get that.....base your prices on the best and set your prices where you can order from any supplier without hesitation.

9. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

X2! Probably have 15 catalogs for a lot of my supplies and others on the internet. Love Touchstones DP (but I miss the old smell - they took it out), WASCO for fish Research for Muledeer/Blacktail and gettin' ready to try Quality Taxidermy Supply for Whitetail forms 'cause I like how they look. Every supplier has something I use.

10. rp

rp Member

I order from who ever have what I need. For me the one that can ship to Africa too

11. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Agreed Michael ....

For me I am sorta stuck with whoever sells blacktail... and muleys..
    There arent as many options as for whitetail....

12. mossy923

mossy923 New Member

NY
    Mainly McKenzie because I normally get good turn around and discounts. I use Van dykes also, and I have used Jim Allred
    No complaints here.

13. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Any company that has what I need! I'm certainly not limited to 5!!

14. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Revolution because their forms fit Iowa deer, reasonable shipping costs, and great customer service.

15. Depends on the deer for me. If it's a normal south deer I use Revolution for them. They mount up really good. The only down fall is it takes over a week to get an order from Revolution. If it's a big block headed short faced big neck deer I use Joe Coombs. Next day with them. McKinzie is also really good, but as Michael P. said don't limit yourself to just one or two suppliers. They all have something good.

16. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

Each one has what I need at different times. I use Trufitt also....

17. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Your list has 2 suppliers I NEVER order from.

18. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Same here.

19. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

I use way more than just those.

20. I am getting to where I dont like McKenzie. Seems they ship everything possible tome out of Wisconsin. I am closer to Texas than Wisconsin.!!!!!1