1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New earliner adhesive

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by mimes, May 25, 2011.

1. mimes

mimes New Member

I am now offering a new earliner adhesive that has been tested by myself and a well known member on here that does a lot of high quality whitetails. He states......"The glue works perfectly! I really like the containers you use. Very easy to get the liquid out quickly."

This earliner adhesive....i am calling it EGLUE.... is a two part liquid comparable to Epo Grip Liquid Fast Set. It kicks in about half the time it takes the Epo Liquid Fast Set. Another positive is that it comes in 9oz instead of 8oz like the Epo. McKenzie sells the 8oz Epo for $28 plus tax plus shipping. I am offering 9oz of EGLUE at a flat $21 plus FREE shipping for a limited time. PayPal, money order, or check.

Post here or PM me your email and shipping address.

After having a few questions on mixing and how to use this product, I will write a brief summary of MY procedures.

All the capes that come into my shop are Krowtanned. After tanning and neutralizing, I wash in liquid Tide and then Pert shampoo.....final shave and remove ear cartilage. Wash inside ear skin (where you just removed cartilage) with laquer thinner and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Prep earliner by roughing up with form stout rougher paying special attention to the inside canal area of the liner. I usually reach in there with a rasp and rough it real well since that is where most of your drumming seems to happen. Lay cape on table, invert ear right side out, open ear skin so that liner can quickly be slid inside. Take a plastic one ounce mixing cup (100 count for $4 at James' Taxidermy Supply 1-800-488-3337) and add 1/4 ounce Part A and 1/4 ounce Part B with just a hint of gill or blood red laquer paint to give the adhesive a pink tint that will show through the inside of your finished ear. This is the approximate amount needed for a medium sized whitetail earliner. Mix thoroughly, quickly apply to earliner....paying special attention to apply a little thicker on the inside area of the canal. Slide liner inside ear, line up edges, groom, adhesive should be kicking pretty soon. Done correctly, you will have zero drumming and a nice, clean, sharp ear. Hope this helps.

2. Sounds good...
    looking forward to hearing about it from the mystery man and Bucknut!
    Ron

3. I got as sample and am going to be giving it a try this weekend.

Bruce

4. kdogg_4

kdogg_4 Member

curious!!

5. I've been helping mimes test his adhesive. It work great and the kick time is good. No overheating either. FYI

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

I didn't get the sample yet, but looking forward to seeing how it works.

7. mimes

mimes New Member

Thanks Ron C. .........."mystery man."

8. mimes

mimes New Member

Just wanted to say thanks to those who have ordered. So far i have been able to ship the same day order is placed.

9. I have been using Epo Grip Liquid Fast set for gluing earliners. I tried a sample of Eglue on 3 deer this weekend. Worked just fine. It does set up a little faster but I did one ear at a time and no problems.

Bruce

10. mimes

mimes New Member

Hey Bruce thanks for the update. Everyone that I have talked to about the adhesive is having good results.

11. mimes

mimes New Member

Still getting very good reports from buyers......same day shipping.

12. Just received my kit.

Service, second to none!!!

Trying this weekend

13. Doubled-d65

Doubled-d65 Member

PA
    Mimes

the glue works fantastic . easy to work with but like you said look out for the kick ,no problem here great stuff.
    Dennis d

14. mimes

mimes New Member

Have plenty in stock and ready to ship.

15. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

16. mimes

mimes New Member

Chad thanks for your order........it should be at your door by now.

17. mimes

mimes New Member

Thanks Danny......yours will go out first thing this morning.

18. mimes

mimes New Member

Brian, just got your paypal payment........your order will go out first thing in the morning. Thanks

19. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Well I found my new ear adhesive. This stuff works great. I'll be picking up a big supply at the Arkansas show.

20. mimes

mimes New Member

Chad thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked the adhesive. I would not sell a product that I did not have confidence in and also use myself.