1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New earliner adhesive

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by mimes, May 25, 2011.

1. mimes

mimes New Member

A kit will do about 20 ears or a total of 10 deer. Not as cheap as bondo, but switching to earliners years ago gained a lot of new customers for me.

2. mimes

mimes New Member

Still taking orders...........thanks.

3. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

Do you have samples avaiable yet?
    Thanks

4. mimes

mimes New Member

It is Monday again.....time to prep those earliners.

5. mimes

mimes New Member

Added instructions to first post on page one for those that do not have a lot of experience with earliners and two part adhesives.

6. mimes

mimes New Member

Plenty in stock.......fast shipping.

7. mimes

mimes New Member

TTT

8. Tried it this season, and it works very well!
    Ron

9. Sent you a PM

10. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Is it like a thick epoxy or a thin pourable material. I had trouble with one thing I tried because it was too thick to spread and by the time I got it spread it was already kicking. I don't remember if it was ear magic or what. I am curious and will try it if it is very thin and easy to pour or spread. By easy to spread, I mean like mayonnaise not like magic smooth.

11. mimes

mimes New Member

Thanks Ron for the thumbs up! Boarhunter67, at room temp it is pretty much a thin pourable material......not a thin as master's blend or water, but very easily spreadable. It is thinner than mayonnaise. You can actually thicken it up like a paste if you need to by keeping it in the fridge.

12. Payment sent via PayPal.

13. RedWolf7

RedWolf7 New Member

Do you still have any left? I'd like to try it!

14. mimes

mimes New Member

Yes, still plenty in stock and ready to ship! I will send you a paypal request.

15. mimes

mimes New Member

TTT

16. boarhunter67

I tried it and it works just like he said. The only issues I had were that it was extremely difficult to squeeze out. I ended up taking the lids off. Also, I doubt I'll get nearly as many ears out of the container as mimes. I coated the earliner as thinly as I usually do, but I've done two ear sets and the bottles are already half gone. I really like how they worked though.

17. mimes

mimes New Member

Thanks for the review Boarhunter. If you are having trouble squeezing out the adhesive, simply cut a little more off the tip of the applicator bottle, making a larger opening. Part B remains very flowable in cool temps, where Part A will get like a thick gel in a cool environment. Simply keep your shop at room temp or if Part A does get too thick for your preference, drop container in a cup of warm water and it will return to a flowable liquid shortly. Another important tip is to store the bottles upside down with the tip cover securely fastened. I do recommend that you mix Part A and Part B in the little one ounce clear mixing cups. You can see exactly how much you are mixing and get the amount down to a fine art. Right now I am mixing a total of 3 drams.......just a little less than 1/2 ounce and still getting plenty of coverage and good results on a medium sized whitetail earliner. I have read where some guys are mixing 3/4 of an ounce for a medium whitetail liner.....that is overkill and a waste of product.

18. boarhunter67

Thanks. I did keep them at room temp., but my shop is in the mid '60's. I will try the warm water in a cup trick. Also I mixed them on a paper plate. I will start to mix in some one oz. cups. There were no directions so I just guessed on the amounts. I didn't have any left over, but I did coat the 2 sets of elk liners liberally.

19. Tried it on two sets of Whitetail earliners and it worked great. I mixed in some " Natural Flesh " paint while I was mixing the 2 parts together, and the results were very nice. No drumming and the ears are a nice light fleshy color. Thanks again!

20. mimes

mimes New Member

Thanks for the product review Rob. Boarhunter........I would say that liberally coating two sets of elk earliners would be the same as 4 sets of medium whitetail liners.