1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New earliner adhesive

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by mimes, May 25, 2011.

1. howlinwolf

howlinwolf New Member

i use Magic Smooth, or sculp epox mis two parts, it locks the earliner in place and i have not had a drummed ear since! this product may very well be as good. but i have found what i use will hold even if the ear is wet. For small mamals i use sculp epox and model the ears and once set they are great. just a tip if any one is interested.

2. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Where do they sell one ounce cups anyway?

3. impact

impact Member

Iowa
    I just use the small Dixie cups and mix enough of A and B to fill the bottom of the cup a 1/4" or less PER EAR. I'm only using the adhesive on the inside of the earlier or the inner ear area. I'm getting about 7-8 sets of deer ears per kit.

4. mimes

mimes Member

I buy my one ounce mixing cups from James' Taxidermy Supply in Mississippi, (1-800-488-3337) along with all my deer forms/supplies. 100 count of the mixing cups will cost you a total of $4.

5. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

I received a sample of this glue some time ago and it works out very well.
    Thanks for the sample.

6. mimes

mimes Member

TTT

7. boarhunter67

It looks like I got one set of elk ears and 2-3 sets of mule deer ears. I was hoping to get more, but if I put any less on than I'm using, it doesn't hold. I like it a lot, but for the price, I probably won't be able to use it on regular ears, just major repairs like the two I just finished where the ear was completely in two.

8. mimes

mimes Member

I could see where the adhesive would be more appealing to guys who are only doing medium whitetail sized earliners. Moose or elk sized critters would definately take more per ear!

9. boarhunter67

I'm not sure the elk ears are any bigger than the mule deer ears. The earliners are about the same size before I trim to fit.

10. mimes

mimes Member

ttt

11. mimes

mimes Member

tt

12. mimes

mimes Member

It is about that time of year again. Shoulder mounts should start rolling in pretty quick. Don't forget your earliner adhesive!

13. mimes

mimes Member

TTT

14. mimes

mimes Member

ttt

15. mimes

mimes Member

ttt

16. mimes

mimes Member

ttt

17. mimes

mimes Member

ttt

18. mimes

mimes Member

Will be gone on vacation for 10 days starting the 15th.....be sure and get your order in by the 13th.

19. Jones Bros

Jones Bros New Member

20. mimes

mimes Member

I just sent you a paypal request. Check your email.