1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Better Pictures of " Unforsaken "

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by *, Mar 29, 2007.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

2. I was telling a guy at the Va show about this piece last week. Beautiful, what state are you in? Rick...........

3. He's in MI Rickey.

Dennis
    really that piece and everything about it from composition on down. awesome piece!

4. ryanolson72

ryanolson72 Active Member

I was at the show and you should have seen the people observing this mount1 It is a very incredible piece. I wish i had the time to do something of this caliber. I would like to know how many hours goes into something like this. Incredible.

Ryan Olson

5. Amazing!!!!

6. *

From mannikin alteration to welding to base construction lighting and motor design,
    thanks to Doug Bridges for that, You genius, add in mounting time and finishing
    .... Total time involved 80 hours.Give or take just a few.
    Really I do this type of work for clients as well as myself to keep from getting BURNOUT!
    I already have mounts in the works that will out so this one.
    I do regret not living in RENO anymore, or I'd be there for the World Show guys and dolls.....

7. I thought there was some Animal Artistry style in your work-- I mean that in a good way. How long did you work there?

8. I love looking at your work. You truly inspire me to become a better taxidermist! Thanks for the sharing the photos and please keep them coming!

9. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

OK.. I love how well the animals are put together. It is a rock-n-roll piece.. The piece has nice flow to it. It is hard to capture that when you start combining multiple animals in one piece. I have seen alot of pieces that appear stiff and lifeless. Personally I would like to see the kid goat's mouth open, and the nanny's eyes almost closed, if not closed all the way. The habitat doesn't appear natural to me, almost has a "hokie" appearance.. This would be a great piece to have in your booth at any of the Safari club shows.. It is definitely an attention getter...

10. Hey Dennis. The next mechanical marvel is on the drawing board.

11. *

Artwildcreate, I'll be the first on to admit, My habitat SUCKS. But it sells.
    I don't like open mouth mounts when an animal is in distress, Just my own personal thoughts, It would have made it more "EMOTIONAL" yes, but would have put many people off. That's just the way it is. People would have turned away from the mount sooner with that distress on the kid goat. As for the Nanni hitting the cat, I don't think the eyes would close for another faction of a second. The eye lashes would have to come in contact with something that would make them close automatically and she is not there yet. Her horn half way up is the only thing touching the cat.
    Will take your suggestions and use them for ideas.
    Thank you

12. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Wow Dennis that is an Awesome piece! I was hoping to see it in Reno. It would defiantly be a show stopper!

13. oneshot

oneshot Member

A true piece of art. Very nice.
    Onehsot

14. big al

big al Guest

It's awesome!

15. htc

htc New Member

Awesome!!!

16. kevin scott

kevin scott New Member

incredable !!! Where did you get the inspiration for this piece?

17. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

What an inspiration.

18. TEXAN57

TEXAN57 New Member

Thats a work of art by a true artist,

19. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

Is that what you were welding on? Looks excellent WOW.

20. *