1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

4th DEER, 1st Customer DEER... Please Critique

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by pipelayer, May 25, 2011.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Member

What do you think?
    http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc379/acox6191/

Attached Files:

2. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

Can't see pictures.

3. pipelayer

pipelayer Member

Had to retake, File was to large... Should be up in a few,

Aaron

4. Need more pictures from different angles. Side shots and up close. Go to photo bucket to download pictures also.

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    From what I can see the ears look to be coming out of the back of the head. No matter what position you place the ears the ear canal comes out of the skull in the same place, or is it that the ear butts just lack definition. The eye shape looks off to me as well. If it is still wet you can consult your references and make these changes. Compare these pics to some good reference pics and you will maybe see what I am talking about. Good luck, 3bears

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

From your photo bucket photos, you should get the eyes down right first before doing customer work.

7. What's up with its nostrils? ???
    Also, it looks like the rack is tilted to one side.

8. jorgy

jorgy Member

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,189736.0.html

9. Why does he have a door hinge on the side of his neck :D . Just kidding ;D

10. Short taxi

Short taxi Member

BC
    I think he looks nice. No doubt about it, it's a deer :) Even has a little personality going on.

11. mossy923

mossy923 New Member

NY
    I think he look nice also. There are some issue here but just keep working on it. This biggest thing to me is your ear butts are to far back and your eyes, I dont know if its the pic. or not but seems like the eyes are buldging out to much.

12. Carls1

Carls1 New Member

Not bad for your fourth mount. Just like anything else the more you practice and study your subject the better you will become. Work on the eyes first and then go from there. The pupils need to stay level to the ground with that head position and the overall shape of the eye is off and a little messy looking. Study tons of reference and keep at it. You're well on your way!