1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Shop of the week.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John C, May 28, 2011.

1. zubba

zubba New Member

I've upgraded a bit. My old shop can be seen is on page 5 of this thread.
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,267761.60.html
    My wife and I built a house this past summer and with a new house comes a new shop. Still just a part timer/hobbiest and still in the baesment, but a little more room. I'm standing in the middle and here is a picture of each half. Sorry for the blurred pics, was testing out the panoramic feature of my phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Very nice Kurt.

3. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Codi's shop is fantastic not only because of the great show room but the work area is huge. Especially when I consider my wife gave me a corner of the basement LOL.

4. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Awesome shops everyone. Thanks for sharing.

5. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

6. dc taxidermy

I'm getting closer on my shop. I have been working on getting it cleaned up and changed from an antique shop to a Taxidermy shop..I have painted and repaired and moved and rearranged everything..I have a little more to do but I am pleased with what I have so far......DC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Beer in the show room and a motorcycle in the work shop. Got to love it!!
    Ralph

8. tviper56

tviper56 Active Member

Now that's a show room!

9. dc taxidermy

Hey I are Redneck...LOL...DC

10. vetanddamnproud

vetanddamnproud Pray for our troops who are still out in harms way

Dc Your shop has came along way looks great buddy cant wait to stop by and check you out !!! 8)

11. Dang, do your customers take numbers in that waiting room? It looks like my Dr.'s office. Very nice BTW

12. I made it a point not to have extra chairs in my shop

13. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

14. dc taxidermy

Thanks for compliments guys. If I get too many sittin arround, I give them a piece of sand paper and a deer form...Or a broom. It normally gets them out the door...I normally only get a bunch sittin arround when I'm skinning deer or turkeys, It gives them a place to go and get out of my way....DC

15. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Some nice lookin places. Glad to see you got some more space now Kurt.

Here's my new shop and building. Its still in the works but probably 80% finished. Closed on Oct 31st (peek of the archery season and just before gun season) so its been crazy tryin to work on shop and get mounts done at the same time. Not ideal timing but couldn't pass the opportunity and price. Kind of a mini strip mall. Have two tenants now a chiropractor and a hair saolon on right side. Left side is open with anothe 2500 sq/ft with offices and a large room and lobby. I'm in the center vaulted area and back shop which is connected. Still need to ge a new sign, mantle on the stone, trim work, office window, and some other finish work as well as cleaning up and organizing the back shop.

[​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]

After

Showroom 17x44. Office on left. Mounting room on right (for smaller mounts up to elk size shoulders) Can't wait to get some full bodys going on the overhead!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Office
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mounting room
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back shop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone need any very nice Ash raised panel cabinet doors 13x13? haha need to get rid of them and make some room. Were left in the building.There is like 800 of them on a couple pallets!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Wow T3_Kyle, That is a sweet setup and tenants paying the toll. Nice!

17. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Thats one of my favorite parts :) Pretty much a free place to work besides maybe some utilities and once I get more renters I'll be making money on it. The 2 that are in there now have been for over 6 years and neither are going anywhere and their spaces are very nice too. Thanks my space couldn't have been set up much better for what I wanted.

18. big dan

big dan Member

utah
    Kyle you know you don't have to freeze forms when you store them right. Lol jk. On a serious note, sweet setup an I love your stainless sink/ table.

19. Huntress

Huntress Member

Nice shop Kyle! Maybe you can use all those doors as bases or something. I had a few in the shop that I used behind wall mount birds. Add a hanger and a piece of driftwood and you have a nice background/frame for birds, fish or small mammals.

20. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

You could do all sorts of things with those. Wish I was closer to you.

--
    Galen Getting
    218-263-7177 Central Time
    www.edgewatertaxidermy.com