1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Snake

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by mike welch, May 28, 2011.

1. I useally do deer heads and mammels, but I just had to try this one.Was fun till I got poked by a tooth,BUT it was a bottom one thou good thing still had me worried all day! LOL

Attached Files:

2. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Welcome to reptile dysfunction! LOL ;D

3. dktaxidermy

dktaxidermy I'm on top of the dirt; how bad can it be?

not bad at all MIKE

4. hootowl

hootowl Member

I was waitin on it to strike!!!! Great job Mike.

5. Thanks Yall, cant wait to start on this lil gator. ya Dan its a bit addicting ain't it LOL

6. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Sounds like you are about to find out first hand! LOL 8)

7. FireNemisis13

FireNemisis13 Failure is a option... NOT!

This snake looks awesome! ;D

-Ace

8. Thanks ACE it was fun to do something differant

9. FireNemisis13

FireNemisis13 Failure is a option... NOT!

Welcome ;D

10. That looks awesome. What kind of form did you use? I have a freezer full of western diamondbacks from a March snake hunting trip to NM that I would love to mount. I have never done one and to be honest am a bit scared to screw up one of the snakes. Seeing how good yours turned out makes me really want to take the leap and try it. Congrats!!

11. vetanddamnproud

vetanddamnproud Pray for our troops who are still out in harms way

Looks great as far as snake go ,good job

12. fish daddy

fish daddy New Member

snake looks awesome...cant wait to see how ya feel working on a gator. bodies not so bad alot of meat in the head ..lol..have fun good luck.

13. Thanks, it was a form from Flynn forms out of Louisiana, I had to modify the head alil it was 1 3/4 and it had to be 2 1/2 wide.And I know I'll catch flack on this I used Krowtann to tan it. The hardest thing IMO was skinning the head.You should go for it and mount it up!

14. LOL Ive started on it and skinned the body out BUT havent started the head LOL...Ive been reading Dans post on his big gator head and taken notes THANKS DAN

15. Congrats Mike...beautiful snake...i am interested in how it turned out in the Krowtann...i have 6 cottonmouths to do myself...wasn't sure on using KT on em but now i will give it a shot...how much did you use???

16. tviper56

tviper56 Active Member

Great looking snake. I'm getting ready to try one too.

17. I use 4 oz of KT and 32 oz salt left for three days, I liked the way it turned out still had great stretch.

18. Beautiful!

19. Thanks

20. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Mike good job for your first...glad you caught the bug...we need more snakes posted up here...well done!