1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

About tanneries.....

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by hounddoggy, May 30, 2011.

1. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

So often you hear of folks who have "an issue" with a tannery. Ive heard THAT so many times now ill say THIS. Though its an opinion, its true. Tanneries handle so much stuff. At times there WILL be issues-that doesnt mean that the tannery sucks or that does bad work. I mounted around 80 deer this first year. Some of them looked so good i hated to see them leave my shop. A few i wish i could have back. WE as taxidermist like tanneries will NEVER please everyone all of the time. Sure, theres some fly by night tanneries that are not around to long but most large tanneries ARE GOOD. Stuff happens. A deer hunter aims at a buck just on the shoulder but accidentaloly blows a hole the size of texas through its neck. He drives around with it showing it off for days all the while the hair around the hot gaping throat hole is slipping. When he finally gets it to the taxidermist it goes to freezer. The taxidermist doesnt punch it right and then the tannery looses the dang shot up cape anyhow. The point of my rambling is that many of these young instant gratification kids who got ice cream everytime they wanted it and wanted it NOW seem to forget THE HUMAN ELEMENT IN BIZ. Click a button and the image you want is on the computer. Scan the groceries and a computer tallys the bill. The hunter makes a bad shot the taxidermist doesnt code the cape correctly BUT ONLY THE TANNERY GETS BLAMED FOR ITS MISTAKE. We are used to getting exactly what we want by clicking a button.
    If you think you are a great taxidermist and everyone is always happy then why is there another busy taxidermist 50 miles from you? Point is we all goof!! Some of my customers may not return(some i hope wont) Some are so happy they tell everyone how good i did on their deer. We all have happy and unhappy customers and we manage to make a living as an industry that way. Your unhappy customers come to me. My unhappy customers go to you. One bad experience with a tannery isnt enough to say they suck. Ask yourself this: If you do a less than great job on a deer dont you hope for a chance to do a great job for that customer next year?

Yes, im done now.

2. Hounddoggy, are you OK? Did you recently have a head injury? :)
    Just joking!

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

He's always this ****ed up David.

4. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I blame EVERYTHING on the tannery!

5. FIELD2FOREVER

FIELD2FOREVER The more I learn, The more I don't Know!!

X2 LOL,
    It's Obama's Fault, he's the reason your cape slipped :D

6. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

hahahaahahaha......M P is right !!