1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

sidewinder

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by sawtooth taxi, May 31, 2011.

1. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Caught this on the way to Las Vegas the other day. Double fanged on the right side. First one of these I've ever seen

Attached Files:

2. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

Wow, that's pretty cool how it has two fangs on one side.

3. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thats pretty common. Rattlesnakes can have numerous fangs in a row. They are always growing new ones in case one gets broke off. I can't remember exactly but I think I have had some WDB's with 3 on one side before and I am sure that people have seen them with even more. They always have a way to get ya. LOL Cool Pic thanks for posting.

4. lakejessup

lakejessup Member

cool stuff hate to get bit by that

5. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Thought it was a fake picture at first and had to a double take. Cool find are you gonna mount it?

6. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Jeez... I thought 2 fangs was a lot! Goes to show, I rarely look in their mouths. Jeremy, I think so. I have never mounted a snake before so am looking through the archives for info.

7. FireNemisis13

FireNemisis13 Failure is a option... NOT!

Yea this thing would look BEAST if it were mounted :D

8. snakeface

snakeface New Member

cool snake ,how long is it ? i have a few casted body forms that might fit it.

9. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Hes right in the 22 in range. I have no clue how big a sidewinder gets. This is the first Ive ever seen. Would appreciate a form if you had one that would fit. Thanks, Todd

10. All venemous snakes have multiple fangs on eaxg side. They fall out or break off and another rolls forward like a shark. Most snakes have 3-5 on each side, hidden in the fang sheath till needed

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I skinned out an Eastern a few weeks ago that had 3 on one side and 4 on the other. It was like watching all those clowns all fall out of one car :D