1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ June 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 3, 2011.

1. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Nice crappie K.N Fish Taxidermy.

Beautiful bass Travis! I like how you kept the tail cut up, it adds charachter to the mount.

2. den007

den007 Active Member

Finally something besides bass, walleye, and trout!

Attached Files:

3. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

travis that mount is outstanding man!!!!

4. hambone

hambone Member

Wow too many great fish to mention all by name, not too many red snapper posted thou and I will be doing one in the future
    i think you did a good job on the body color den007, once again some outstanding mounts posted this month.

5. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Two rainbows 'bout ready to go out the door. These are the 7th and 8th rainbows I've done for this client over the last two years, he wanted something 'different' on these two so this is what I came up with. Custom molding/casting, 18" & 19".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

A ling cod from a JG Replicas blank.Very nice blank if you ever need one

Attached Files:

7. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Oops, don't know how I sized that one so small, i'll do it over.

8. bnoody

bnoody Member

Wow, the quality of the fish displayed in this thread just gets better and better, they all look amazing.

Rick your students continue to blow my mind. Joe I love your smallmouth, it is so subtle and natural looking. All too often the baring pattern is too distinct for most smallies I have seen. Mike, I have not done a striper yet, but have one in the freezer, if looks anything near yours I will be thrilled. Jeff, you have to post more pictures when that mount is complete, looks amazing so far.

9. wow Dave! That Turkey is unbelievable!! I would have never believed that was a sculpture. Awesome stuff!! X2...

Travis Awesome fish. way cool to cut up the tail too...

10. jt

jt Member

PA
    Thanks Brian. Rick had great things to say about you. He's a genius when it comes to anything related to fish, fish taxidermy, and the materials and chemicals that go along with it. The way he teaches is second to none and he makes you feel like you can accomplish anything, as you know. Your fish are awesome as well as all the other students pics he has hanging on his wall. I was always intimidated with fish, but after taking Rick's class, I think I'm on the right track now and plan to go back again for one more class. Rick and Kathie are a class act and I would recommend their school to anyone looking to better their fish taxidermy work. I will post a pic of the Smallmouth when I get it done...I'm almost there now. Hopefully, in the near future (after I get all the materials needed for doing fish) I will be a regular contributor on this thread.

11. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

A couple from me...
    Brook and Tiger Trout

Attached Files:

12. advanced taxidermy

advanced taxidermy New Member

very nice work richard!!they are beautiful!

13. krusher167

krusher167 New Member

that tiger trout musta taken a pretty steady hand... its like a maze! :)

14. scanman

scanman New Member

Wow, a lot of beautiful fish this month. Dave Smith, I really like that Lake Trout and Rich Benedict, I love that brook trout and Harum that bass is beautiful but that base work is simplistically cool and flowing. Alot of talent out there.

15. fishbuilder

fishbuilder New Member

28" Red fish custom mold. :)

Attached Files:

16. Clete

Clete The A-10. My kind of warthog

Nice work so far. Here's a 28 inch walleye from me this week. Skin mount, carved body, cast fins, cast head, still life eye

Attached Files:

17. Clete

Clete The A-10. My kind of warthog

head close-up

Attached Files:

18. Very nice looking fish, guys.

19. jeff reeves

jeff reeves New Member

Here is one of mine. 23lb steelhead from Washington State Peninsula. Mounted in the 1970s and was a complete ground up restoration. New artifical fins but I was able to keep the original tail. The head is real and is completely rebuilt also. Lifetone paints.

Attached Files:

20. jeff reeves

jeff reeves New Member

Here is another picture of the entire fish.

Attached Files: