1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA Ballot

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Kim Owens, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

Got our ballot today- Wow- I just can't figure out who to vote for. If anyone has some inside information that will help me make an educated decision, please let me know. Thanks!

2. What a waste of paper.

3. I was hoping that someone would step up now and volunteer to run a write-in campaign for board member. He/she would be a shoo-in and some new blood would sure be a big help!! I haven't decided whether to vote for George or Rick. Either would be great.

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Who's on the ballot this year? Anybody new? Or the exact same crew that keeps things the same thinking they will get better?

I didn't get one for obvious reasons....but would love to see this years so we can see some of that fresh new blood they promised to provide 2 years ago.

Somebody post a picture of the ballot

5. Michael, I don't do pictures or scanning, but here is who is on the ballot:

President: Steve Wolk
    Vice President: John Janelli
    Secretary: Carol Janelli
    Borad of directors (vote for 4): Marylou Crabtree, Dave Hale, Tinker Johnson.

That's it. Time for a write-in campaign for bd - now do we draft George or Rick K?

6. michael p.

Wow, only 3 people running for 4 BOD positions and the same top 3 as last year unoposed.

All I can do is shake my head sadly

7. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

ut oh............looks like a clique to me. Albeit a small one.

8. I just ripped mine up and threw it in the trash. I just don't care anymore. It's like Washington, it's never is going to change.

9. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Stupid question. Why do you even belong to the organization? Other than, having to be a member to go to the conventions, I don't see any purpose. If I decide to go to Sioux Falls this summer I will join. For THIS year only!

10. The out come is already known just thru mine away I also used to go to their forum site but now you have to log in just to see whats new gave that up too, best $400.00 I ever spent for a life membership to anything LOL!!!!

11. michael p.

The forum is locked nobody can see that nobody is using it. Man that thing was a total failure.

They can't even run their Facebook page without that guy Ken.....but they can run a 21st century organization representing all Taxidermists.... yeah right!!! LMAO!

I wonder how sick it feels to be the driver of the boat that sank that association. After all, for years they blamed others and even this site for their failings,,,,, now all they have is each other.

I see cannibalism as their next move.... why not, they've done it before.

12. Not to be a smart A , but has anyone sent theirs in?????

13. "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin

14. Nope why send it in and waste a stamp.

15. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

i'm not a member anymore either, i joined for one year because i got invited to one of their sancitoned shows and had to be a memeber to get in. I've been reading and keeping up with everything and I just don't see how they can possibly straighten the organization out and set it right with the same people that caused its downfall still being the key decision makers. i would consider rejoining in a few years if they get their ducks in a row and make amends with all the people they lied to and disrespected but i dont' want to be associated with the mess they've become for now. We could really benefit from an organization like them if they can clean up their act, but this ballot is making me think they don't care to change anything. It's in the hands of the voters and (not to rub hair the wrong way) writing in the candidate of your choice seems like a better idea than just throwing the ballot away. At least then they would see that the few people who are left that DO support them (monetarily at the very least since i know some are only still members b/c the paid for a lifetime membership b4 all ths went down, not indicating that ANY of those people support them morally anymore) are paying attention to what's going on and won't tolerate anything less than a major overhaul....starting with the leaders.

16. Maya

Maya New Member

Mr. Favour,
    Yes, I sent my ballot in and with pride.
    AMD

17. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

If you voted for these people in the past to PROVE that you love the industry then vote for somebody not listed to PROVE that you aren't an idiot. Your vote will not matter anyway. BTW, Fred and I are still here. It WILL get interesting here pretty soon....

18. I voted. I wrote in every person except one. By doggies, if we don't vote, we have no right to complain. Won't I feel peculiar if one of my write-in's wins the board of directors spot!! :eek: But, hey, since there are only three listed, and there are four openings; somebody besides who is on the ballot has to win don't they? ;D

19. TheBigGuy1976

TheBigGuy1976 New Member

I have always been a person that would not get into the political side of things but i think it is time to comment on something so here we go! I went to the NTA show in Springfield last year and had an awesome time and i met alot of great people! And in my opinion i thought everyone there was having a good time! As i read through all the comments and all the other threads involving the NTA it seems to be pretty much the same people whining and crying about them and that being said it is also the same people that kiss the a$$ of the creators of this site and the WTC !!!!! It is apparent that you don't like the NTA so lets stop the bitc**** and whining and let it go and don't be involved with them !

I wish i had the time to worry about the kind of shit you whine as$$$ do but i don't i have a job and most of all a family to worry about and take care of !! Remember don't sweat the small stuff because you might miss what really matters in life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. michael p.

Are you a full time taxidermist?