1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA Ballot

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Kim Owens, Jun 4, 2011.

1. TheBigGuy1976

TheBigGuy1976 New Member

No Michael I am not i would love to be but the area i live would never support it!

2. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

More landfill garbage

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

You made the comment that you wish you had the time us whine ass do but you have a job....well so do I, it's full time Taxidermy. I have a damn good reason to care, more than the one to doesn't because their next house payment and dinner on the table comes solely from this industry. I'm glad you don't give a crap about the industry and only that you had a good time at a convention...... that's what this industry is about isn't it.

Maybe after 10 more board of directors resign people will see what happened..... actually they won't care.

I'm not bashing you, as a matter of fact I rather enjoy your postings and enthusiasm. I just dont see when an organization has lost 100's of not a 1000 members under it's current leadership (who has a 10 year contract) and some of the finest Taxidermists on our industry have resigned because of corruption (only to be replaced in a couple of cased by family members of current board members) that people still blame others.

Its OK, maybe y'all will finally get upset when you don't have a convention to go too......that's all people care about anyways.

Sorry, maybe this ass cares a little more cause I have about 20 years left in this industry.

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

What the hell are you talking about? I've read that 3 times and I still don't know what you're trying to say. I'm a Family Life Member of the NTA, I've served on the BOD for 3 years and was the convention seiminar chair for 7 years. So unless you have a real name that can jog my memory, it becomes an issue of you not knowing your ass from a hole in the ground. SURE, when we congregate in any venue, taxidermists tend to have a good time. We're salt of the earth people. Yet oftentimes, organizations we put our hearts, souls, AND MONEY into don't seem to be acting in our best interests and we speak up. Taxidermy is not a "business" for most of us who do the "bitching". It's our LIFE. You've said you aren't full time so it can't be your lifestyle. So who the hell are you to ridicule those who show some concerns. Had more people been active in the organization over the years it might have been different. Even now, there weren't any office positions being challenged by ANYONE. In fact, there are only 3 who sought the BOD and they're retreads. So until you walk a mile in our moccasins, you really don't have anything to tell me and those like me.

5. hambone82

hambone82 New Member

Our of curiousity. What did the NTA do with YOUR money that wasn't in YOUR best interests?

6. George

James, obviously you haven't been awake during this discussion and don't know squat about my personal history with the NTA. Study up and I'm sure your questions will be answered.

7. hambone82

hambone82 New Member

I've read my fair share of threads filled with general NTA hate, talk about legal stuff and financial books, and more general NTA hate. I've never seen anything concrete or tangible in terms of a reason for all this hate.

I was simply asking what your problem was with the NTA is because you usually seem pretty reasonable. You're the one that brought up your various sacrifices over the years to the NTA and how you feel that they are not acting in your best interests.

8. George

I'm not about to open old wounds. I'm a life NTA member and know that the NTA was the foundation that brought us a site like this one. I think the NTA stopped "growing" when the membership as a whole became apathetic. That tended to make it all a self-fulfilling prophecy. When new blood won't take control and force changes on an organization, it tends to withdraw into itself and things are done a certain way because of the comfort zone of "we've always done it that way". In the last 10 years, the NTA is still being run by the same board members who simply play musical chairs. Al Holmes used to joke about taking his "one year recess"as required by the bylaws. And getting one or two new faces on that board isn't going to work as they're voted down by 10 or 11 others. They become frustrated and resign. I love the NTA and have some very VERY dear friends there, but that doesn't mean that I don't think some major overhauls wouldn't make it the great organization it once was.

9. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

George, without opening a can of worms and starting an argument, you are correct in your statement about the "new members" not taking control of the organization as they should have but in their defense could they have made a difference? I don't think it matters who is on the board wether its you or Abe Lincoln, the problem resides elsewhere. There are people in "comfort zones" because in the past each and every time that any individual or group of individuals, including yourself, have tried to make changes where changes need to be made the only changes that ARE made is just to insulate further that there will be NO changes. You know what I'm talking about. This isn't a slam on you or anybody else but you know it's the truth......

10. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

The new people are headed in a new direction. That old shoe just doesn't fit anymore, except for those who insist on still wearing it.

11. AMD I am glad that you sent yours in and with pride that is the way it should be. After my post I decided to send mine in too with some write in names I would love to see the NTA get back on track and resume open dialog with it's members not just a magazine every couple of months.

12. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

George was on the BOD for 3 years and convention Chair for 7............how sad he did this much damage to the NTA in such a short time..........................................................LOL

13. Guess I'm back on the S list with the NTA I just went to the NTA forum to see whats new and could not log in said my user name was not valid. Oh well guess I will have to wait until the magazine comes out to see whats new. Unless my $400.00 membership doesn't cover that now too.

14. EA

EA Well-Known Member

That's comical.

15. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been blamed on everybody/everything else but that's the best excuse i've heard :)

16. RATTRAP

RATTRAP Don't laugh, deer think my head is an acorn!

I voted with my wallet. Didn't renew ........