1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

This Guy Gives the Industry a Bad Name

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Grizz224, Jun 4, 2011.

1. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.
    CJN;

My wife and I work together full time in our Taxidermy shop, this last January she fell and broke her left wrist ( fracture) a double compound fractured her her right arm. I had a record year last year for deer and bear together we would have had no trouble getting the mounts done ( working a ton of hours) but I found my self working alone against impossible odds, I sub contacted out all the work I could and have worked 7 days a week since the 20th of January , less the 3 days I've taken off due to a couple funerals and a nieces wedding, I'm about 2 months behind right now, and due the serious nature of my wife's injury she is still
    not back to work yet, CHIT happens and when it does some times there is not much you can do about it ( BUT YOUR BEST ) Thankfully most of my customers have been pretty understanding, The ones that act like the fella that started this post, well I tell them they can come pick up the animal I'll refund the deposit and take it some where else, life is to short to deal with butt heads like that people like that are nothing BUT STRESS FACTORYS!!!!!!!!! So some day when the chit hits the fan in your world we'll see how you handle the situation.

2. Scott would you please quit beating around the bush, and tell us what you really think about this situation. :D

Get it off your chest brother, I know where you are coming from. ;)

Life is to short for the B/S in this world.

I hope Connie is doing well and you can get back to normal operations very soon.

Good Luck,
    D.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Like everyone has a crystal ball to predict when a mount will be done. Yea, right. How long have you been in business?

4. CJN

CJN Member

Gunner, hope your wife heals up and you can resume your business as usual. I am not poking fun at someones misfortunes by any means. No george I don"t have to save a copy of this post, I already know how things can go with a knucklehead customer like this. Let me be clear on this, I do not believe that this taxidermists gives the industry a bad name at all, I find that ridiculous. The fact is there are certain dynamics that have a higher than usual rate of attracting a customer like this, price and turnaround time. If this post was "Waterfowl in 90 days what's your turn around time?" the taxi would be burned to a crisp.

5. cwt

cwt Active Member

doesn't matter what you tell them. If you tell them a year and you get it done in 3 months it is too soon. I have deer heads on the wall now cause i got them done too soon. If you tell someone a time and you cant keep that promise you let them know. That's why I always give myself a cushion. But then again they don't pick them up when they get done anyway.

6. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

A duck in my possession without a deposit will NEVER get mounted. I will give an approximate completion date once a deposit is fully paid. Take your time mounting this duck, you will never see the client again anyway.

7. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    Can't help it , my coustomers when I tell them six months or more before I start on theirs they say no problem not in any hurry. Well you all know whats next,two months a phone call was just driving by saw your sign thought I would give you a call. every month same thing, then you call them; duck is ready you call them duck is ready ; you call them duck is ready. I think they figure well he made me wait six months so I'll make him wait! Man if you want good work wait for it and quit bugging the taxidermist! it's not like he can sell your duck. Man want's his duck no deposit mail it to him frozen!

8. dhart

dhart Active Member

Sounds like someone got goosed when all he wanted was to get ducked! lol