1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NO More Orders Using UPS from McKenzie for Me!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pyeager1, Jun 5, 2011.

1. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I just checked my online banking and saw that I was charged $72+ for 2 fox forms, a bobcat and a couple limb bases! I had some smaller misc. items that could be stuffed in any box that those items were shipped in. I guess the trick question when ordering was "would you like that shipped UPS?" ::) :eek: I fell in love with some of their prefab bases for some quail and other small game at the World Show and their people are great, but I just can't handle the rape on shipping! I'll try one more time with some bases and when the UPS question is ask I'll request horse and buggy or something! Damn! :D ;)

2. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

Re: NO More Orders from McKenzie for Me!

Did you call and talk to them about it? They have always given me A#1 customer service. Perhaps there is some mistake. I'm pretty sure they get the best available rates on their shipping from UPS & FedEx.

3. Re: NO More Orders from McKenzie for Me!

All shipping is a beast right now and UPS is the fire breathing dragon. I have been requesting FedX lately but they seem to be catching up with the dragon.

The 4 to 7 $ fuel charges kill you and it seems an oversize box is about the size of a shoe box now.

Oh yeah....and hold on to your wallet if you use an independently owned UPS Store. No Vaseline there.

4. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama

I try to order a couple grand at a time so the discount will offset some of the shipping! Shipping across the board is getting stupid! I needed to overnight some velvet horns to the freezdrier a while back......both USPS and UPS over $250!.... Box was less than five pounds! .Never mind! :mad:

As for McKenzie's, I love them. Several thousand dollars of orders a month and not one singal mistake or back order .........ever! I do order from some other small companies that have stuff I need and there is ALWAYS a screw up! Or some teenager answers the phone who does not have a clue! ::)

Besides, the ladies on the phones a Mc's at least "sound" like they are hot............and that's important to me!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LMAO @ Ron B. You're just a pig, but I have to agree with you. At least on the first two paragraphs. The last one doesn't matter to me as I wouldn't know what to do if they WERE.

6. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama

George, I think there is "medication" out there now that is supposed to "refresh" your memory :) 8) 8) 8)

7. mike g

mike g Active Member

UPS is just high as hell, same size box that UPS charges 75.00 for Speede charges me 18.00. Sucks that Speede isn't nation wide to all.

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Sorry Ron, there isn't. There's a big difference between "impotence" and "senility".

9. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Ron, I didn't have a "couple grand" to spend on supplies................especially when over half the order was for MY personal specimens! Yes, I like the customer service they offer and I WILL call and bitch about the shipping if this shows up in a 3 or 4 boxes when it could have been shipped in one!! Couple of grey fox and one bobcat form along with two small limbs for the foxes. One fish blank and a base, the rest was small $h!t like eyes and stuff totalling $744. Oh, I forgot the 4 snake forms! Heavy, heavy! I guess their shipping is $10 per hundred dollars spent?? ::) Dammit this stuff must be heavy!! :eek:

10. WFT

WFT New Member

well mckenzie cant help it if you live in a different country, right....Where is it you live........ALABAMA? ;) :D ;D[​IMG]

11. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

We do the same as Ron, shipping is basically free.

12. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Big orders can be shipped by truck. I just received about 20 deer forms and a large moose form. Shipping by truck, $120. Came in one box on a palet and they didn't cut the moost form :) Mckenzie is happy to get you quotes. Make them work and make the shippers compete.

13. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.

Shipping goes up, my prices go up, I bitch about shipping my customers bitch about my prices.............. never ending cycle ???

14. Re: NO More Orders from McKenzie for Me!

Perry, quit your bitchin', and deal wid it!

15. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Heres a novel idea............................call ups and give them the measurements and weight of the box you received shipping from one zip code to the other and see what the charge is..............I would guess you would pay as much or more than mckenzie charged you. Instead of bitching about Mckenzie why not check out the shipper )UPS) and see where the problem is. ??

16. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Wow, this is the first order I've ever placed with McKenzie......................Give me a freakin' break! I know that UPS is the problem, but I didn't order from UPS. It's funny how some companies can send a large box of forms from relativley the same distance for around $35 isn't it? And for the "megaphones" that cry "Just raise your prices" That's hard to do when most of the order was your personal mounts or you've already quoted the price to the customer. ::)

17. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

Yeager I feel for ya, I make them give me a shipping guote before I order anymore, it has made a difference....DC

18. dkdalaska

dkdalaska New Member

McKenzie has great customer service! i had to order a moose shoulder mount from them in November and the form was around $300 i think or a little more. i told them i wanted the slowest mail because i knew it would be a lot. well the next day they called and said that shipping to me in Alaska would be $800 long story short they cut it up in 5 parts and it ended up costing $400. they went out of their way to get my cost down. i love their products but due to their location and mine i don't order much from them.

19. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

how does getting a shipping quote bring down the price?

20. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

I always use Spee Dee . They cost much less. Next time you order see if you can use them. Not sure what state you are in. I’m in Minnesota

http://www.speedeedelivery.com/rates.html