1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Jersey Yoxathon was a success !!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Bill Yox, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I am so happy to announce that we finally have a date and a place for a New Jersey Yoxathon ! Its been a long time coming for sure.

New Jersey is a very competitive state for commercial taxidermists with tons of hunters. These hunters see some pretty rough work, and some low ball prices. So, many taxidermists want to up their game and offer clients a higher end product to stand out above the rest, well heres your chance. Theres some very good taxidermists in Jersey getting a lot of work and commanding high prices for it. Do you want to be one of them, or just fight for whats left? My whitetail class will help you with all gameheads and mammals. Theres a lot of hunters leaving NJ and going to PA and NY to get good taxidermy work, show them that you have the work theyre looking for.

The date is (and you guys who have been after me to do this had better not say youre busy that weekend) July 8th, 9th and 10th so as to not interfere with the NJ show on the following weekend. The place...George Dante's huge studio in Totowa. I have like 18 names of guys who said they HAVE to make this class, and I can only handle 6, so youll wanna call me pronto. 585-637-2450 asap. Thanks guys, and let me know, so we can plan. Thank you in advance!

2. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Re: Finally...New Jersey Yoxathon !!!

Sorry I cant on vacation and then the NJ show the 15th-17th

3. winsider

winsider New Member

X2

22nd-24th?

4. Re: Finally...New Jersey Yoxathon !!!

Bill, I'll call you today, count me in. I'll send you a check tomorrow for the deposit if you need. It is the only weekend that is not filled up this summer for me.

Charlie

5. Bill Yox

Charlie, you were one of my first NJ inquires, and youve even tried to make the NJ class last year that we werent able to reschedule. Im glad you can do this one, thats great news. I already have you on the list, so yes, get that deposit out. My phone started ringing already yesterday, this should be another fun class. Thanks Charlie! Also thanks for offering your place as a backup plan too!

6. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj

So Bill, does this mean I have two three day weekends in a row. I love taking off work at George's.

7. Bill Yox

I dont know, but it could mean you got company coming! ;)

8. Keith3

Keith3 New Member

What's a Yoxathon and how much is it?

9. Bill Yox

Hi. Yoxathon is what the guys call my classes when I travel. I always had offered one on one classes here on my studio and farm, and they always seemed to run late into the evening or worse, lol, because I knew many of the students, and we just worked long hours when available. Well, with my upcoming divorce I wasnt comfortable offering the classes here at my farm, so I started travelling and doing a group class at different locations. When I began to announce these, past students chimed in to offer endorsements, and the topic of late nights always came up. They said it was a marathon class, and someone along the line coined the phrase Yoxathons from my name and the word marathon.

My Yoxathons are three day intense whitetail/gamehead classes in a small group setting, 5 to 6 students of any level, set in a host taxidermists shop. We have a lot of supplies donated by WASCO, McKenzie Sports Products, and Lou Bellman. In fact, almost all the materials youll need are supplied. We go into great detail in this class, yet the beginners seem to mesh very well with the advanced students probably because of the smaller group numbers and of course, our shared love for the art and the animal. Feel free to call me with any questions you might have...585-637-2450. Thanks!

10. Southern_Trophy

Southern_Trophy USMC O.I.F. Veteran OohRah!

Hey Bill, have you ever concidered coming to Alabama or Georgia for one of these? If so, count me in.

11. Bill Yox

Thanks for asking but I havent had enough interest in those areas. Id love to otherwise.

12. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Sorry not going to be able to make it .
    Just to short notice for me. I will just have to wait and I will see you at Turtle Fest in Sept. I guess.

13. Bill Yox

I think other then the Texas class, this is the longest notice ( a month plus) that we ever announced! Be sure to say hi at the event in September provided we get enough guys. Tim is pulling off a huge undertaking there, we need folks to sign up for that one soon too. Thanks again, and for offering the use of your shop if needed too.

14. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj

So what's the tally so far?????

15. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

I know its a big undertaking for Tim. Already got my deposit in for it and put in for your seminar there.

See you there

16. Bill Yox

Only 2 spots left guys. I think NJ has a lot of tire kickers and talkers, cuz my email and PM list had over 20 guys saying if I could do this, theyd be in "for sure". I wrote to every single one...and only got 4 replies! Thanks to those who replied, and to those who are coming too!!! You can be sure that you guys who are coming out will be doing better whitetail work than the talkers and tire kickers :eek: ! All your supplies for this class are given to you by McKenzie Sports Products and WASCO. George Dante has a really big studio for us to work in. Are you in, or just going to slide by with marginal deer heads this season? People are saying the economy is so bad theres no deer work out there, yet the good guys like George Dante and Jim Kelly are swamped with work, even at their high prices. Why is that??? Why is so much work leaving NJ to be done in PA and NY ??? 8) Lol, even one of the students for this class is from PA...give me a call, 585-637-2450.

17. winsider

winsider New Member

Bill, count me in.
    Jon.

18. Bill Yox

ONE SPOT REMAINING !!!!!!!

19. Bill Yox

For the fence sitters, Ill have to know by about mid week in order to get all the supplies ordered and on their way to NJ. If you want that last spot, call me before then. Thanks again. Looks like this will be our last time in the northeast, the class doesnt fill like it does in the midwest. Thank you to all you guys for the interest and for the guys who signed up, youll have the hot deerheads for customers to see this deer season. See you in two more weeks!!!

20. RDA

RDA Active Member

sitting on fences gives one funny looking butt.. ;)