1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Jersey Yoxathon was a success !!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Bill Yox, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Re: Finally...New Jersey Yoxathon !!!

Thanks everyone. Looks like we are full pending one more deposit with a promise. So, enjoy the 4th holiday and Ill see you guys next weekend! Thanks everyone for looking.

2. brotherdime

brotherdime New Member

NJ

The yoxathon was great. I couldn't be happier mounted my first deer. Bill made it very easy and all the other guys in the class and the host was very helpfull. Thanks again guys.

Jim

3. Re: Finally...New Jersey Yoxathon !!!

Jim,
    Nice meeting you, along with all of the other guy's, and of course Bill did a great job. Holy Hell! some long day's, but it was all worth it in the end. I have some pics I will post in a couple of days, I used a little of Bill's finishing techniques on a mount from last week, almost as good as the one he did. :eek:

4. Re: Finally...New Jersey Yoxathon !!!

The Yoxathon was great! I've been wanting to change the way I've been doing things and Bill definitely made that happen. There was a ton of info and techniques to take in, I just hope I can retain it. The more I think about things the more I realize how much I learned. Met some good guys including our host and his guys. Thanks again Bill.

Grant

5. winsider

winsider New Member

Hi guys,
    Nice meeting you too!
    Thanks to George for having us.Thanks to McKenzie and WASCO for all the supplies .
    Bill,thanks for sharing your knowledge, tricks and techniques. Worth every penny.

Jon.

6. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Cool! 8)

7. Re: Finally...New Jersey Yoxathon !!!

Figured I'd add one more thumbs up here, this one to George Dante and his guy's Dave and Jim. If you have gone to a Yoxathon, you realize that Bill get's spread thin with six guy's working and asking questions, and George and his guy's never failed to step in and lend a hand, a piece of equipment, or just some reassurance when needed. And if you've never been to George's Studio, all I can say is "Stunning". A great work environment and some really neat projects going on. After spending a few long days there with the group, I can see why Dave and Jim are always in an upbeat mood.
    Hey Bill, you see my sharpie? I need to mark some ears

8. Bill Yox

Charlie, last I saw of that sharpie was you practicing your left from your right with it. :eek:

Yes, thanks to Jon M, Grant E, Jim L, Anthony S, Bill M, and Charlie S for attending my latest class. We did some nice work with our adjusted schedule, and Im happy with your efforts, especially when you consider two guys did their firsts! Thanks also to George Dante for the use of a fantastic studio with pretty helpers like Michelle, Emma and Bethany, and the not so pretty helpers like Jim Grill and Dave Kerr 8). They did a lot to make our visit a success too. Thank you all. It was nice seeing your dad and some friends, I missed Johnny Lobster and Tony though :'(

Thanks to the generosity of WASCO and McKenzie Sports Products for the materials and the fast shipping on a holiday week. Hey, these Yoxathons ARE a good investment for those who wish to invest in furthering themselves!

9. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

No matter how many Yoxathons I host, I'm always left longing for more. The Yoxapedia is thick with more knowledge than you can imagine. Even though this one is done and over, any time you get the chance to Yoxanize your work, take advantage of the opportunity. You will be glad you did.

10. Just want to say it was great meeting all you guys at the yoxathon. I'm glad Dave and I were able to be of some assistance. You guys mounted some awesome deer and I got to mount one too. It was great seeing you too Bill and thanks for your help. Good luck to all you guys. Jim

11. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj
    Thanks for the kind words, but YOU guys are the one's that make it what it is. I was just happy to get some extra work in and get to hang with an old buddy for a changeas well as meet some new peeps. Seems like the older I get, the more things stay the same, especially that Yox character. Nothing new here like getting to sleep somewhere after 1am every night. Hell, that bum even fell asleep on me on the ride home Sunday nite.

So, from shopbitch number 2, and someone who remembers that the first Yoxathons were from Jersey, thanks again, and good job to all those who made it a priorty to get some schooling and improve their work.

Dave

I got one pic to post in a coupla days, of MY helpers who stopped by to say hello.

12. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj
    Oh, and Jim G. is really a tool. Just kidding you old fart, see you at work tomorrow.

Love and Kisses,

The Base Boss

Hey Bill, what's with dissing the shop bitches, not a great way to endear yourself here in NJ. Wonder who'll pick you up and drop you off if there's ever another Yoxathon here?!

13. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Save your welcome sign Dave, Im sure he will be back! :D

14. Bill Yox

Heck I complimented the pretty ones, and thanked the ... other ones. BTW, who helped you spell the word "dumass" on the airport pickup sign??? Lol, classic. Thanks for carting me around too Dave, and your family is cuter than ever.

15. donanton

donanton I don't have a motto. Thats my motto.

Yes it was a great few days! Thanks bill for the class and george's crew for letting us use their shop. Now I just need to find the time to paint the deer.

And remember that if you get a cape from bill for a yoxathon, they dont come with earliners per-installed.

Time to whip out the airbrush and get spraying.