1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anybody going to the Alabama show other than me and a few others?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pyeager1, Jun 14, 2011.

1. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Alabama Taxidermist Association show is next week June 23 - 25 in Prattville, AL (That's just north of Montgomery) Y'all in the neighboring states come the hell on and I'll pay ya back coming to your shows! :D :D See the likes of Jim Ellis and John David Ellzey in their cigar smoking contest! The one and only Page Nethercutt from NC is coming down as a judge. He is always a trip to hang with! :D See yours truly ME at his first state association show too! ::) :D

2. Frog

Frog New Member

A few guys from GA are coming & I'm coming along for the ride. May see if Jim Ellis will loan me a cigar & let me in the contest. Will be my first Al show.

3. Bo Hersey

Bo Hersey Member

I'll be there also !

4. ssime

ssime New Member

Can anyone tell me where in prattville it will take place? also I;m on my way to taxidermy school soon is there any booths set up and would it benifit me to go to our is it just a contest event ? thanks for your input and help .Scott

5. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

The convention will be held at the Legends @ Capital Hill in Prattville. Google it and it should bring up all the info you need on the place. I know it's exit 179 off I-65. As for whose gonna have booths I really don't know. You could call Dee Daniels at (334) 289-5281 for info concerning that.

6. lonewolf1330

lonewolf1330 Member

TN
    ill be there :)

7. I think that I will try to make it this year. I'm sure I'll see some friends with cigars

8. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Of all people "Mr. Dixie Classic Panels" you should be there! :D :D I do need an oak turkey/beard panel........so bring one if you show. ;)

9. wmcole

wmcole New Member

Looking forward to this years show.....It's always a great show and good times.
    Yeager when you arriving....boy it's a long drive for you...lol.

10. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I should be down by noon Thursday. It's a little over 150 miles for me.

11. I should be a long 2 1/2 hour ride for you, Don't get tired and fall asleep on the trip.

12. Southern_Trophy

Southern_Trophy USMC O.I.F. Veteran OohRah!

I will be there with my humidor!!

13. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

thinking hard about coming. probably will on Friday afternoon if they are accepting mounts late friday

14. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

"No competition pieces accepted after 12 pm Friday, June 24" it reads in the schedule. :-\

15. Joey Arender

Then I will have to see if I can get my stuff done for firday morning by thursday night I guess...LOL

16. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I'm riding over with Bennie Schilling. We will be there Thurs and Friday.

17. Joey Arender

Well I just found an ATA schedule. Unless it's changed that 12 time is just The morning cut off and they will be taking them again from 230-5.

18. Bo Hersey

Bo Hersey Member

Leave this afternoon headed that way looks like I may be driving through some bad weather?

19. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

You all are in trouble with that Floridian guy coming, he's nothing but trouble I tell ya! LOL ;D

20. Bo Hersey

Bo Hersey Member

You know I gotta try out my new camera you made me buy:)