1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wolf Pedestal Mount on a Two Tier Base

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Lundliker, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Hello All - getting some nice needed rain showers in Southwest Wisconsin today.

Check out this nice Wolf mount done by a customer out of Alaska on one of our Two Tier Walnut Bases. The mount was finished in time for a young gal's graduation party and she was a happy camper when she got it ;D

Attached Files:

2. That's really nice, I like it.

3. Here is another angle showing more of the Moose antler...

Attached Files:

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Looks like a knock off of Walnut Creek Hardwoods work....... I would have preferred seeing something more original.

5. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Im doing something similar, nice concept, But i'm using a 18" octogon oak base, and a shed off a 60+" moose.. Costomer brought me the antler and I cant talk him into using a smaller one.. making it challenging for sure..

I like the base,

6. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Knock off? Walnut Creek invented the circle panel?

7. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

No Cole, it just looks like theirs. That's all :)

8. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Well I just ordered dam near 1 or every round and oval they have.. They look nice it seems and the price looks pretty good too

9. The development of this base came with the aid of input from local taxidermists to SW WI, one who is a World Champion. They simply wanted a solid hardwood two tier base that was different functionally than the rest built by various Wood Companies, Suppliers, local wood cutters and the rest. So, our long time employee and Product Designer who also has a nice taxidermy business on the side went to work. He developed our top tier with a 3/8" recessed one-piece seamless construction that holds artificial water, adhesives, and other habitat materials without any chance for leakage. In addition, the bottom is recessed 3/4" (rather than flat/solid) to allow ample room for easy anchoring and other mounting hardware that may be needed. Ultimately, the design helps taxidermists save some time from having to take extra steps when working with a Two Tier Base and that we can accommodate in our manufacturing process. Sincerely - Chris Ladd

Attached Files:

10. mbota

mbota New Member

their two tier bases are definitely user friendly for all of the reasons mentioned above. on top of that, the quality is exceptional right out of the box.

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Well since a world champion helped developed it,,, it must be real special and a better product than other wood panel providers that have no world champs on their pro staff.

12. mbota

mbota New Member

i think he was just trying to say that they worked with various taxidermist and tried to develope a user friendly product. which they did.

13. Just recived your catalog last week---[Walnut Hollow]---you have very nice products for the taxidermy trade-----------sb

14. Nice mount.