1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

10th shoulder mount, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by det81, Jun 16, 2011.

1. det81

det81 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tem

tem Well-Known Member

from what i could see in the pictures looks pretty nice. that's a thick rack.

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Looks nice and clean. It appears that the antlers are set too high, and the throat patch looks pulled to the deer's left too far. It is still a nice looking mount. Keep at it and good luck, 3bears

4. det81

det81 Member

thanks...The throat patch is actually shaped weird...it fades to that side. I thought the same thing at first but it would not taxi nice without it laying like that...and the Antlers I don't know. they went back on the way I measured and the cape fit good around them but that doesnt mean they aren't alittle high lol. but thanks for the imput

5. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Good looking mount. I would say ear butts and maybe color around the eyes. quest

6. arrowflinger

arrowflinger New Member

Great job. The only thing I see and it may be the picture angle is that the right nostril looks a little bigger than the left but not by much.

Great work for your 10th, the eyes look pretty great to me.

AF

7. dljhunt

dljhunt New Member

Looks good to me. I have seen people that have mounted hundreds of deer that cant do one that good. Keep up the good work

8. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I dunno Pal. Looks nice to me. Like anything else you can scrutinize it and find ways to make it better the next time. That is what it is all about. Getting better each time.

9. arrowhead

arrowhead New Member

Looks like B+ to me, the nostril paint is showing, needs to be toned down with a hint of black or burnt umber, doesnt take much, just a wiff of the air brush, that flesh just jumps out to harsh.

10. Your hair patterns look broken up along the side of the face. When showing muscle detail always taxi your skin with your hair pattern. In this case your hair is flowing down over the facial muscles so you need to work up and down over them, not left to right. Other than that join your states association and keep it up!

11. FIELD2FOREVER

FIELD2FOREVER The more I learn, The more I don't Know!!

Looks fine to me, If your putting that out your door you'll have very few complaints from customers. Unless you do a mount for another taxidermist, then they'll nit-pick the chit outta it LOL. Like Greg said, you can find things wrong with any mount if you really want too.....

12. Guerra

Guerra New Member

Lookin good!

13. jorgy

jorgy Member

Not sure what you did on the lips. Those dark bars that wrap around the muzzle typically line up pretty well.

14. that is Beautiful! I actually love your paint scheme. I think lighter colored paint on white tails looks so much better. I wouldn't change a thing. A customer would be very happy with that.

15. Real nice for your 10th---mount---Did you go to a taxi school ??? My 10th mount was no where that good 38 years ago-and everyone thought it was Beautiful---Good work-----sb

16. det81

det81 Member

thanks for all the comments and help everyone...I can stare at a mount for hrs and find things wrong even if there isn't....I guess I'm my worst judge. I did not go to taxi school I bought a cd and tried the first three or so...then I bought Rick Carters CD and learned a ton. I have been going at since then just trying to get better, studing reference and trying to put what I see in my mounts. And reading alot on this site helps a TON!! Anyway thanks again!

Dave

17. Nice job.