1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

For all you "artists" out there.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

That was a lot of fun! Richard Christorforo sent me the link and I took it twice juts to see if there was any variance in the formate and I guess I still can see color hue's ( scale's are beginning to be a problem at this age LOL)
    Score 0 and second time 0.

Thanks George and Richard!

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I'm disappointed Rick.........

Rick I figured you to have a score below zero!

:)

Kerby...

3. I scored an 8. :)

4. Took it again and got a 16 this time (11 the first)

5. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Didn't read all the posts, but I'm hoping it's like golf - lower is better - eh??? I got an 8. Not too bad considering at 49 IF I waited another year I'd probably be in the top percentile of older farts - lol! Did speed have anything to do with the results? It was pretty easy if you started at both ends and adjusted the middle parts. I'm guessing it took me about 4 or 5 minutes to complete the test because once everything was set I couldn't really see any differences to adjust or spend more time on. Did I win anything??? LOL!

P.S. I wonder how much one's monitor and it's quality affects the outcome of this test? I want to take it again, but on Rick's monitor - lol!

6. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Who you callin an old fart

7. FishArt

LOL Paul!

I think the only thing this test proved to me was that I'm most definitely ADHD! I lost interest after finishing the first line and plowed through the next three - lol!

8. I wondered about the monitor too. as the purples were so close. I think setting may have effected the test results. I think I was 15 so its not a big problem anyway.

9. Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf New Member

Monitor definitely has something to do with it.

I took it on one computer, scored a 38 if memory serves...

Took it again scored a 10 on another computer and an 8 on another. I bet you could even fiddle with the color/contrast/brightness settings of the monitor to make them stand out more.

Like FishArt though, I really lose interest after the first line. By the third and fourth lines...it's "close enough".

10. FishArt

I was sorta kidding to some extent with the monitor. Unless you have your display set to 256 and/or you have a monitor from the 1960's with a crappy video card there should be some differentiation between all these colors. Colors may appear different from monitor to monitor, but there should be differentiation between each color within one computer/monitor (So, the monitor is REALLY no excuse - lol!)

I took the test again and got a zero this time. I think it comes down to patience. The first time (I got an 8 ) I zipped through things and did the test in less than 5 minutes. This time after getting the squares to where I THOUGHT they should be, I went back and moved each square working from each end to the middle and swapped each one next to each other to double check. I could see the differences once I swapped two next to each other and was able to adjust accordingly. I could see why Rick got zeros because he has the patience to tip 4000 scales. I do not - lol! This time around the test took me a good 15 minutes...

11. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Cool beans, got a zero on the first try! My eyes actually feel better after doing the test. Had to blink a few times though.

12. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

that was pretty neat.. I got a 10 //I think I did better on the first two lines then kinda rushed through it to get to the end... but the third line did give me the most trouble

13. Can't believe it I got the same scores with my eyes and IQ test 8!

14. Christie

Christie Instructor, Consultant & Speaker

I got an 8!

15. cwt

cwt Active Member

16. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    Got a 4, and I don't want to try it a second time. I guess I can't see the blue/green hues. I'm only 17 though, lol :)

17. Just now got a chance to do this with the new internet..scored 4

18. scored 18, cool test - not bad for an old fart male (65)

19. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

I scored 27 at midnight after working all day, I think thats pretty good.

20. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

4 :)