1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"Your tear ducts are too open...."

Discussion in 'Deer & Gamehead Photos' started by kbauman, Jul 1, 2011.

1. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    ......, every heard this from your competition judge before?

Attached Files:

2. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

this is why a live deer will never take 1st place.LOL

3. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    I read on here once, a correctly mounted deer will only have its nostrils open about a 1/4 of an inch, see.....

Attached Files:

4. pberry

pberry Member

this is why we a competitors need open minded judges, that can see things as more than just "their way'' of thinking

5. Sashakittythegreat

Sashakittythegreat Beginner Taxidermist(2 mounts down)

just bring that picture to a show lol

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Heres another silly rule... "the front bottom lip doesnt extend beyond the width of the upper lip/nose pad"... yeah right. I love to tell people that most live deer dont know about our so-called taxidermy rules.

But, having said that...dont bring a deer thats got a shrinkage problem that opens the tear duct, or a badly hogged out nostril, and then push a live deer in front of me that "proves its accurate"...cuz thats a whole nother thing, lol.

Hey, some of us judges DO know what they look like, and whats a mechanical issue on a mount. :eek:

7. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Ken if you don't mind, I'd like to add some to your thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This doe carried her ears in this position all day and they never once came more than just level with her head on a horizontal plane.

8. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Active Member

She looks pretty ornery

9. roundyracer

roundyracer been to the mountain and seen the elephant.usmc 68

When a note is placed on your mount instead of a ribbon,its time to refer to reference and pay attention in class.Lord help me mend my ways.