1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for Bird taxidermist

Discussion in 'Bird Reference Photos' started by Rosebud486, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Rosebud486

Rosebud486 New Member

I have a bird called a painted bunting that my husband had found. I have it in a baggin in the freezer, I would really love to have it mounted. I live in Oklahoma. I found one guy that said he would do it for $75.00 but said he was backed up for three months. I really don't want to wait that long, as our anniversary is in October and would like to give it to my husband for an anniversary present. Can anybody help please???????? thank you :)

2. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Very ILLEGAL! It's a protected species and possession is a violation of federal law!

3. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

Re: Re: Looking for Bird taxidermist

Unfortunately this advice is true, songbirds are protected in the states. Best bet is to just get rid of it. I know it seems like such a waste, but it is not worth the trouble it could bring. Find a good wood carver to do a carving, just as pretty and will last forever. And be leery of a taxidermist that says they would do it. They obviously don't hold federal law in high regard.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

4. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

$75.00.....enough said.

5. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Can't have it in Michigan either.

6. Rosebud486

Rosebud486 New Member

Thanks for the input everybody, guess hubby will have to settle for a new fishin pole for anniversary present, lol thanks to everybody that replied to my post