1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Why me?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Michelle_Nelson, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

I think I might have to quit answering my phone for a week or 2 so I can actually get some work done. Out of a 10 hour day I spend 2 - 3 hours of it on the phone. The most common call.

Customer: Hey just wanted to check and see if my deer is done yet.

Me: You dropped it off 2 months ago.

Customer: Yeah

Me: Well, no, it's not done yet. Matter of fact it's salt dried sitting in a box ready to go to the Tannery.

Customer: Oooooh, well do you know how long it's going to be before I can come pick it up?

Me: Did you read the contract that you signed and I gave you a copy of before you left?

Customer: Yeah

Me: Did you read the part where it tells you estimated completion date?

Customer: Yeah, it said 12 - 15 months.

Me: What part of 12 - 15 months don't you understand?

???

2. Hang in there ;) im in the same boat. It will make you crazy if you let it :eek:

3. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

It happens all the time to most of us. Even tho I put an estimated time on our contract, some people just feel they have to call and check on the status every month. Its frustrating, but part of the business. Be patient with their impatience.

4. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Wait till you call them and tell them its done! Good luck getting them to come get it! :D

5. This is comming from the same person that called me today and wouldnt get off the fricken phone for 2 1/2 hours ...... damn women ;D Here Im trying to work and all Michelle wants to do is complain about the customers that call her wanting to know when there shit is done :eek: Maybee I need to put up a thread about taxidermists calling me and buggong me for 2 hours a day on the phone LMAO!!! Akk in good fun LOL!

6. Diamond D Taxidermy

Diamond D Taxidermy I HAVE to grow old...I DON'T have to grow up!

Yeah I love these that are SUPPOSED to come pick their mounts up after they call you every couple of weeks "just seeing where we stand right now" and twice this week called....what time will you be leaving.....5pm...oh....so if I come around 7 you won't be there....sure...I have a few small jobs I can get done, I'll wait on you...THAT WAS WEDNESDAY...then today...SAME EXACT story....answer....Nope.....I leave at 5pm except during season, then it is 8pm...If you want me to stay longer, it is 100.00 per hour..if your mount is not picked up by Friday of next week, it will used as a display at a local store for advertising purposes....guess what..he was here at 4:45...jeez...these people KILL me!!

7. Matt

Matt Active Member

That is why most of the time I don't answer the phone while I am working. I would never get anything done. If it isn't deer season, I call them back at the end of the day or the next morning.

8. thats woman for you...lol spend hours on the phone chatting about everything and nothing

9. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Had a guy drop ff a turkey in April. Called me the other day and he was pissed because it's been 3 months and he doesn't have it. I told him it hasn't been a year let alone 6 months. Truth be told it's been mounted for some time and I will actually hold on to it a little longer to see how pissed he gets because I don't need customers like that and don't want them. ;)

10. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

Yea they call and worry you about is it done yet , But when you get it done they don't get in no hurry to come pick it up . And I like the ones that call about coming to drop off or pick something up and you don't see them til 8 -9 o'clock after you done for the day .

11. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I have some people that don't think putting an estimated completion date on their work orders is a good idea. I can understand where they are coming from but if you don't have a decent lead time in writing, the customer is apt to get pissy when they call you in two months and you tell them they have 14 more months to go. They would certainly complain that they were not advised of it up front. Get it in writing I say. If they signed the work order then there are no disagreements later.

12. x2!!!

13. irishme

irishme New Member

X2 X3 X4 ;D

14. Michelle_Nelson

Charlie you dork! It was 1 1/2 hours and only about 10 minutes was bitching about all the phone calls. Just remember I know where you live I may just come over for 1/2 a day. ;D Actually I think I will today. . . . . . . :D

Yeah I love the guys that call and call and call to see if and when there mount will be ready and than when you call them and tell them it's done they are in no hurry to come get it. I had a guy do that this year with an antler plaque. Took him almost 3 1/2 months to come get it.

15. Sometimes it pays to screan your calls , Michelle called again ..... dont you have some bear rugs to sew up or something LOL!

16. Michelle_Nelson

Yeah did you listen to my message dingle hopper? I was telling you someone had just listed some exotics for sale.

Just for that I'll be over at your shop in a couple hours.

17. Doors locked and spray painted the windows black LMAO!

18. We had a Guy drop off a warthog for a S/M last year around August. We pocessed it by September and began mounting a few pigs at once so added him in. We recieved a call from him asking if it was ready, 2 months after we got it so we told him its mounted and drying. He practically begged us to finish it asap so he could have it hanging for some or other "important" reason or occasion. So living up to the customers every desire i finished it a week after he called. Its been a nice addition to our display area since!?!?

19. Michelle_Nelson

I hate people like that. I understand things happen, an accident resulting in medical bills, layed off, etc. It's like they are afraid to tell us. I just wish people would call and tell you that something came up and that they don't know when they will be able to come pick it up.

Another thing I love is when someone calls to drop something off or pick something up and they say "We'll be there at 1pm", and they never show. No call to let someone know they can't make it, nothing.

20. Exactly man! its so frustrating!!! we human, we all have problems, just explain so we can make a plan and sell it or come to some agreement. On top of this another guy has left skins with us to be tanned since august last year. They also lying around collecting dust but the guy gets his friends to keep dropping off his trophies he hunts every month or so, he doesnt seem bothered that his other stuff is ready nor have the intenetion to take it! so the list justs gets longer and longer!!!!