1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

OHIO SHOW

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Todd K, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Todd K

Todd K New Member

With the PTO and the OAT comming together, I thought the Ohio show was a success. I think there was around 260 entries. Seminars were great also. I would like to thank everyone who played a part in bringing these two groups together and for putting on a great show.
    Todd and Toddy Krieg

2. Todd K

Todd K New Member

Here's some of the winners. Good job guys!

3. Todd K

Todd K New Member

A couple more.

4. Todd K

Todd K New Member

And this guy needed a wheel barrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Todd K

Todd K New Member

And managed to pull out a blue also.

6. Todd K

Todd K New Member

more detailed pics of the wood ducks...

7. buck

buck Member

I thought it was also congrats to you and your boy nice work I MUSTBE THICK SKULLED cant move up to the next ribbon (pro) maybe next year

8. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Active Member

Ohio
    Yes, this years Ohio Taxidermists Association's show was the largest EVER !! Over 200 entries !!! Really Great taxidermy work !!
    I will try to get my list together once I am done unpacking and post a list of all the winners real soon.
    By the way, the woodducks were mounted by Brian " Nitro " Banbury. And I am sure his back is hurting from all those awards home. LOL Just kidding Brian, great job on the duck !!
    Also great job to all the award winners and ALL the competitors. We as a board are looking forward to making next years show even greater !!
    Now I better get unpacking and get my list to post on here.

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

Great pics Todd, I have to have my wife change the file names on the pics I have before I can post, they are not a jpeg for this site. I want to thank all the people who made this great show possible. I am honored to be apart of this great organization. Hopefully next year will be bigger and better.

10. MONSTER140

MONSTER140 New Member

ohio
    Todd it was nice meeting you Dave and Matt this weekend I learned a lot from talking to you guys, Thanks a lot. The show was great there was a lot of nice mounts and I met a lot of nice people especially Mr. Whitetail Cary Cochran, I was nervous having him as a judge but he is a super nice guy I didn't feel intimidated by him at all and he knows his stuff. I'm also glad I got to talk with Dan Clark and Brian Branbury they tossed me some good tips and ideas. Todd when you and your boy are down this way be sure to give me a buzz.

11. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Congrats to you and your son, Todd!

12. Congrats Todd and son! Good job to Matt as well. Lets see some more pics of that cat.

13. I dont remember the guys name who did this wood duck piece, what I do know is he also enetered it at our Indiana Convention back in early march and also won alot of ribbons and awards. This is an awsome piece of art, Congrats to him.

14. buckeyebullet23

buckeyebullet23 New Member

Ohio
    All I can say it WOW!!!! Man I would hate to be a judge. There were things there that were just amazing. Congrats Todd, Matt, and everyone else on here I probably saw but didn't know. Lol. For the first time entering something I was pretty nervous. Kinda felt like a little fish in a big lake. Still awesome though. Can't wait til next year. Too bad we can't do this more often. Absolutely outstanding job you all did putting this on. Here's my entry, I have alot of homework to do. Thanks guys and gals. Matt

15. MONSTER140

MONSTER140 New Member

ohio
    Buckeybullet I remember seeing your panel on the back of that giant, I really like how it was all put together.. nice job man

16. buckeyebullet23

buckeyebullet23 New Member

Ohio
    Thanks, it all started when the wife wanted it for decoration in the house, and i thought it was show worthy when it was done. Lol. Todd was right, everybody should have had their names on here on their badge. Did anyone talk to Wildlifer ?? Mystery man! :D

17. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I have to say things came together GREAT for the first OHIO TAXIDERMISTS ASSOCIATION convention. As President you always have worries that others don't really think of. NONE of those happened.

I want to thank the judges CARY COCHRAN, PAUL CZARNECKI, MARK NAGY, and DON RYNO. They did a great job in the limited time we gave them.

18. B KENNEDY

B KENNEDY “THE YOUNG GUN”

OHIO
    Jim I wanted to thank you and Rod for handling my misfortune as well as you did. This is the second year as a show member. I joined to lean and I sure did this time. I will be back next year and you can count on me competing but my peace is going to have its own base.

Thanks agene

19. Dave H

Dave H New Member

ohio
    I had a real good time, got to meet a couple of people that I talk to on here, nice to meet people in the area that you have so much in common with. These shows have been the best place I have found for meeting poeple and learning, I have learned more at these shows than any where else. I have never talked to one person at the shows that wouldn't tell you anything that you want to know. I think that Taxidermists in any location shoul dall work together as much as possible, I know that I would do what ever I can for any of these guys that I met over the weekend, you never know when you might need something in a hurry, or some small bit of information, of a different way to do something that some of these guys can offer. I could BS with guys like these for hours at a time, I wish I would have had more time to do just that. Well, I am looking forward to next year already.

20. Dave H

Dave H New Member

ohio
    It seems to me like most of the work is done by just a few people, I know I would like to be more involved, but really don't know how. I don't feel comfortable nosing in where i haven't been asked. I think maybe some effort should be made by the board members to get people to come to any meetings they have, and jobs or tasks can be given to individuals, or groups of members. I think this might go a long way in bringing the whole organization closer. I know I would like to know as many of the members as possible. I have been to show (PTO not OAT)for the last 4 or 5 years in a row now, and still don't really know very many people at all.