1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

OHIO SHOW

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Todd K, Apr 1, 2007.

1. buckeyebullet23

buckeyebullet23 New Member

Ohio
    Dave, i don't think it would be nosing. These guys welcome any help and input. I helped last year but not this year only because it was in Lima last year. Which is only about 30 miles from me. It's a little bit harder for others to come down to Col. to help set up and go to meetings. But I do agree with you also as to meeting the others at the show from here. My only complaint is that we can only do this once a year. I had a blast.

2. Congrats Todd.

3. Todd K

Todd K New Member

Thanks guys, I agree with what Dave and buckeye say about the show. I have missed several years and going this weekend really got me back into competition mode! I have never really lost my passion for taxidermy but had other things going on in my life. Returning this weekend was such a refreshing thing for me and hopefully the biginning of something my son and I can enjoy together. I think my wife wants to start doing some taxi work also. Don't be surprised if she dont bring a piece next year! I probably learned 25 things just from shooting the bull with some of the guys. I saw some people that I have'nt seen in a while and I met some new friends. And again, I want to thank all of those who worked behind the scenes to make that show such a success!

4. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Dave I can understand what you are saying BUT....NEVER feel you are nosing in in YOUR organization. The way we are set up we only get peoiple involved that DO ASK. That way we know they REALLY want to be there. If you are interested, come to the next meeting, but remember you will be stuck with something to do! LOL!

5. dug423

dug423 New Member

Hello Everyone.I took Todd's advice and I am trying this for the first time,Im not a big fan of computers.Todd i was talking to you in the lounge on saturday night.Also a big thank you to the board members being my first show I also felt like a fish out of water but on Friday night I talked alot of the board members( Jim tucker Brian,rod) and all the guys who sat outside the bathroom.i thought i enterd the wrong division by going pro but the told me it was the best thing to do if i was there to learn and i was. and actually did better than i thought. so thanks everyone me and the wife had fun cant wait until next year.

6. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Were you there when discussion about $8000 hip replacements on cats was discussed? Good stuff.

7. Dave H

Dave H New Member

ohio
    Jim
    When will the next meeting be, and where will it be?

8. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Right now that is pending.....late August, early September.

9. Dreamwing

Dreamwing New Member

Thanks to everyone who worked and attended the Ohio Show. It was a great honor to have been awarded with so much in the company of so much talent. At over 200 pieces it is awesome to see this first time combined show such a success. The board worked great, the judges were great and it was terrific to see so many new faces-get the word out-make it your goal to invite one new taxidermist to the show next year. For all you that haven't started on your piece yet-get going! less then 360 days to the next show!!
    Thanks for the great memories
    Brian Banbury
    Dreamwing Taxidermy

10. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

My hats off to all the officers and board for the show! You all did a great job and should be applauded for your friendly attitude towards all the participants as well!!!

Brian, How you gonna top the woodie scene?

Saw lots of good work at the show and great support by the suppliers as well. The judges I dealt with were super and the seminars were great !!!

Great job guys and gals!!!

11. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

Glad to hear your show was such a sccess!! I am from Ohio originally and plan on attending next year. Great pics and I saw the woody scene here in Indiana and WOW!!!!! That is one super nice piece!! Congrads to everyone over there and I am glad to hear this all came together for you.

12. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Thanks for all the good words....now get busy on next years pieces!

13. You know it was a good show when you drive up from N.C. and get a room 2 nights at 139.00 per night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It had better been a good show...........................................and it was! Rick.

14. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Came down from Michigan again this year and had a great time. The show went so well with the combining of the two associations. It seemed like they Jim, Rod and the rest had it worked out real good. Looking forward to next year.

Joe Miles

15. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Cha-ching! Whoa, that's why it always pays to pre-register.....2 nights was only $178 total. Next year you will get the info in time....glad you decided to stay anyhow.

16. Yeah but they only have so many rooms at the cheeper rate......I was too late for that......But I learned......and now.......next years whitetail competition will be tough......I'll see to that!!!!!!!!

17. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Bring it on!! LOL!