1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bobcat or marten capes ; excelsior

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Sashakittythegreat, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Sashakittythegreat

Sashakittythegreat Beginner Taxidermist(2 mounts down)

Preferably wet tanned but I can also take in salted specimens and dry tanned specimens.
    The fur does not need to be the best but a lot of lip and eye skin is also preferred. On the pine marten I can take a hide that has a mountable cape but the rest is scrappy
    I am also looking for excelsior for a wrapping project. If you have some that you wont use let me know
    PM me if you have any of the wanted items :) I have a limited budget but I will try to work out a price with you.

Thank you,
    Julia

2. irishme

irishme New Member

pm sent

3. Julia,
    I have some hemp ( I think it's better than excelsior, it's finer) in 5 lbs package. It's $18 plus the shipping if you are interested. Give me a call on Wed at 8106562350 if you are interested.

4. Sashakittythegreat

PM returned

still looking for pine marten, possible have a bobcat

5. Sashakittythegreat

I'll think about it. :)

6. rosscoak

rosscoak Member

Re: marten cape possibly

hello there,

I am a trapper in alaska. i have a nice case skinned pine marten from this last fall. It is a great fur quality except I pulled the tail off of it when I used the wrong tool to pull the tail. if all you need is the cape, then I believe this would work just great for you. I can send a pic of the fur when it was dried after I skinned it. the fur is currently at the tannery in Idaho. I know untanned marten from my area went for $120 average of course I cannt get that since this marten needs his tail attached. if you are still interested please let me know. i have had great success on taxi.net selling furs and skulls and look forward to hearing back fom you.
    Thanks
    jesse

7. Aktrpr

Aktrpr Active Member

Jesse,

Just for future reference, if you tear a tail off a skin generally unless its a wolf or wolverine you can send the the fur auction houses and it won't be downgraded. I sent in a red fox this year with only about 4" of tail, the squirrels chewed the rest of the hair of the tail. It made second lot and sold for $78 I beleive. I've sent many bobtailed marten that had other marten eat there tails while hanging in a trap and I've never had any of them downgraded for that. So keep that in mind in the future. I was unaware of this until a couple years ago, so thought I'd pass along the experience.
    Mike

8. Sashakittythegreat

can you tell me some people you've dealt with?

9. Wolf Ridge Wayne

Wolf Ridge Wayne The fires of life burn only as long as they're fed

Have all three items for you.
    Sent you an e-mail.

10. Sashakittythegreat

Ok now I have found a bobcat, thanks for the enquires

11. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I have 3 pine martens, all caught in a 120 conibear in Alaska.. Dry tanned by Alpha fur dressers. case skined, taxidermy prepped.. IE: lips, ears and eyes turned and split..

Tan is 60-90 days old.. Also have 1 wet tanned one tanned at the same time....

100.00 each plus 4.98 shiping

hoytman