1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

opening bussiness?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by r.rase78, Jul 6, 2011.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

What "argument"? Looks pretty straightforward to me.

2. xactly lol

3. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

OH come on George.. give him a break. even us idiots can make it with the right helpings along.

4. George

Sounds as if too many school teachers already GAVE him more than his share of "breaks".

5. im so sorry my grammers not perfect, but some of you 's should not be so mean. i plan on goin, back in the fall and practice. then maybe ill garner a lil more respect. in the meantime bear with me please

6. George happy to be back and see you i good sperits or sompon lite that wont be bock on till after the surgery wish me luck . if you dont see a post again they screwed up if you do ill promise to use spell chck mark c

7. Keith3

Keith3 New Member

Oh no, I see another "Why you gotta be so mean" thread happening here! LOL!

8. When choosing the name of your business you should consider the possibility that you may want a web site some day. The name you choose should be one for which you can easily obtain a domain name. Even if it will be a while before setting up your web site, you can reserve the domain name for a few dollars a year, and even get email at that domain name for a little more money. FYI: YungBucksTaxidermy.com is available, as is YoungBucksTaxidermy.com. If you choose the more creative spelling for your business then I recommend registering both domain names.

---

Nobody's gotta be so mean, but some people choose to be.

9. George

Alpinist what world do you live in? When does the stark and abject truth become "mean"? This person wants to open a business and not only CAN'T spell but ridicules the importance of it. Can you imagine how you might react to a resume', job application, or loan request from someone like this? The mental image of an illiterate is NOT an attractive one. No that's reality and real life is not "mean" but the results can be cruel for those living in a fairytale world.

10. George, I live in a world where I can choose to be helpful to those who request help, or I can insult them. I choose to be helpful. Your first reply to r.rase78 in this thread was harshly worded, but accurate and perhaps helpful. Your third reply was just an insult and a cheap shot.

Now, to hopefully keep this thread on track, here is another tip for r.rase78: Try to find a local representative of the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE). The name is a mouthful, but it's simply an organization of retired business people who volunteer to help new businesses that are just starting. Their web site is at http://www.score.org/

11. X2 We have a Mr. perfect on this sight

12. George

And more than a few whiney assed bleeding hearts

13. Robby,

There are a couple of other requirements for a new business owner: people skills and perseverance. You may work alone much of the time as a taxidermist, but as a business owner you will also be working with people in various capacities: customers, suppliers, other business owners, various government officials, etc. If you are open and honest in your dealings, most people will respond positively. It takes a lot of courage and determination to start a new business and most people respect that. Seek out relationships with people who can help you.

Unfortunately, there will also be cowards and bullies who will try to knock you down. Don't let them. Most successful business owners develop a thick skin and can learn from honest criticism, while ignoring useless insults. Let them serve as a reminder that there are people out there who will try to take advantage of you. Most people are honest, but as a new business owner you need to take precautions to protect yourself from the few who are not.

Good luck!

14. hey thank you all who have helped me:) albinist very helpful info. am not sure you are right when you say most peole are honest though. it seems harder to trust anyone nowadays. bullying and cowards will not be tolerated either. you can only try to surround yourself with good people and clients. george thanks for making me aware that my grammer stinks. i did not know i was gonna be graded on spelling. but i dont care forgive and forget no hard feelins george you have givin me good info in the past and do feel that you do know ur chit

15. bowelk

bowelk Member

If you want to go into business, then go in to business and operate it like business and make it legal by incorporation. If you incorporate, which makes sense and protects your personal assets, a "name search" will be performed by an attorney (usually a paralegal) to make sure no else is "doing business under that particular name". Many business operate under many alias or names, AKA - name changes, as the original owners may have only changed the name to keep their business fresh, but didn't dissolve doing business under the other names and are operating as usual. Incorporation is not costly, and keeps personal and business assets separate, plus no one else can use your chosen business name without being held liable. Hope this helps you out.