1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird of the week #14 & #15(2.4-15.4.07)

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Apr 2, 2007.

1. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Also, when you post, do not use the quick reply, use the reply icon, and click on additional options, browse, find your file, open, and then submit post. If you mess up, delete the post and start over.

2. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Here is my hazel grouse

3. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Heres a couple

[​IMG]

This is a wholesale bird

[​IMG]

He asked for one alert and the other resting ????? Okay.

4. Paul, Interesting Mount. I'm curious as to why the wire framework method. It seems to me that would take alot more time to do?????? Your bird turned out great, and I like the pose. Was there problems with leg and wing attachement with the wire frame? an how in the world did you attach the neck? Again great job!

John

5. GC

GC New Member

Here is my first attempt at a flushing bird.

6. Birds4life

Birds4life New Member

My first Mallard

7. Birds4life

Birds4life New Member

Wow, is it that bad? I think I scared everbody away. I just wanted a little feed back so that I can improve, even though I am new at this, I have the passion. I will try to take better photos, but this is all I have at this time.

8. birds 4life this topic is just so people to show off their latest work if you want good critisme start a new topic saying its your first and would like to know whats wrong you will get alot more help that way

9. Birds4life

Birds4life New Member

Thanks, I will do that next time.

10. mimes

mimes Member

GC, looks good to me for first flushing bird, tho feet look a little too forward and maybe quite a bit of shrinkage from the pic. Birds4life, looks like you just need more practice like i did when i started. Looks like you need to blow dry for about 20 more minutes and take more care when grooming the feathers. Be sure and hold the bird up every now and then while mounting and shake him pretty good, you will be amazed how that helps align the feathers IF they are dry enough.

11. woodies

12. Valley Quail

13. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Nice birds Tim...very nice!! And happy easter to everyone!!!

14. big al

big al Guest

Very nice mounts

15. PercaFluviatilis

Here is another hazel grouse

16. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Nice to see familiar bird's here...Nice hazel Perca!! Not comment's in finnish, that would be rude... ;) ;)

17. Wisconsin Eastern

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nebraska Merriams

[​IMG]

18. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Those turkeys look very proud, I like them. Thanks for posting

19. Turkey

20. PercaFluviatilis

Hey guys, wake up! Where are you? Here is my bird for the week #15... Jackdaw