1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

*Coyote Challenge* Deadline is tonight! Vote Tomorrow weeeeeeeeeee!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by code6202, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Sashakittythegreat

Sashakittythegreat Beginner Taxidermist(2 mounts down)

Re: *** Coyote Challenge *** Deadline 9/17

count me in!

2. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I mounted a life sized coyote this week and didn't like the way the eyes were set. The shape of the eyes was perfect though. I finally decided to try adjusting one slightly and broke the eye. Grrr. I replaced the eye with another one that I luckily had on hand, but then noticed the pupils didn't match and were sharper on one than the other so I had to replace the other. If I can get them to look as good as before, I'll enter it. Every mount I learn something new.

3. Re: *** Coyote Challenge *** Deadline 9/17

I got my yote mounted up. Now I just gotta do a little painting and habitat work.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Altered and rodded my mannikin this afternoon. A customer piece that I have to get done anyway.

5. Re: *** Coyote Challenge *** Deadline 9/17

Got it ready to go togher this week wont have much chance but it will be a good time just been at this a year this nov. Kotaclem This will be my first coyote

6. redog76

redog76 New Member

same here im in

7. Re: *** Coyote Challenge *** Deadline 9/17

you guys are on the ball...I haven't even touched my coyote yet!

8. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

I have the skin thawing now! Its a Bob Wendt coyote that has been wet tanned and frozen for years, and I bought the form about that long ago too. Form alterations commencing...

Thanks for this challenge- I'm FINALLY going to mount this coyote LOL.

9. boarhunter67

I send my pictures off, but of course after I mounted it and was going through the pictures I found lots of stuff I could have improved upon and done better, but the client had already picked it up. I won't win, but I already learned a lot and it will be fun so bring it on.

10. Re: *** Coyote Challenge *** Deadline 9/17

I've gotten several entries so far, and all are super nice. I hope everyone else is working diligently on their coyote mounts. Also don't forget to downsize your pictures before sending them.

Take care! from Codi

11. boarhunter67

I just finished spending 3 days of one-on-one training with Rick Carter and wish I could do my coyote now that I know what I know. He definitely takes your game up a notch or two.

12. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Well finished mounting my coyote yesterday. Dang what a pain, the form I wanted, could only be had in a size "almost" close enough, haha. Had to do a lot of cuting and reforming but its drying now. Not to bad for my first yote. Will post up once it is finished.

13. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Don't do that, follow the instructions at the beginning of the thread.

14. Re: *** Coyote Challenge *** Deadline 9/17

Don't forget: pics must be taken outside! The reason for this rule is to be sure that people with fancy backdrops and such will not have an unfair advantage when it is time to vote.

I am looking forward to getting more entries. All have been great so far!

Take care, from Codi

:)

15. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

My big PIA coyote is now drying. I hope Irene doesn't blow the roof off my studio and take my coyote LOL.

16. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Codi, I copyed and pasted your email address and it said undeliverable??? Can you pm it to me to try again.

Thanks duxdown

17. Re: *** Coyote Challenge *** Deadline 9/17

You can send it to

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

If it said undeliverable it is possible that you copy-pasted a space before or after it.

18. Re: *** Coyote Challenge *** Deadline 9/17

argh...never got around to doing this coyote project. Oh well, I look forward to next year's! ;)

19. Re: *** Coyote Challenge *** Deadline 9/17

You still got 5 days Leslie!

20. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

Too much fun