1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What the Heck Is This!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by hampshire, Apr 2, 2007.

1. They are calling this a striper. I don't think so. Is it? Are those teeth real or photoshop?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

WOW!!!! I dont think I would dangle my toes in those waters!!!

3. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

African Tiger Fish, almost as mean as a pink Easter Bunny!

4. I am just glad my little bunny don't have teeth like that!. Glen do the tiger fish really have teeth like that?

5. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

And, if I'm not mistaken that's a really BIG A.T.F. too!!! (although those camera angles tend to make it look even bigger)...

6. ppark728

ppark728 I love fish!

It might be a goliath tigerfish (a close relative of the African tigerfish), which differ in that they are more gold in color, stripes are rare, and they reach guargantuan sizes. See pic that I snatched off google.

7. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

Darrell, there's lots of fish with proportionately big teeth, it's just that no body pays any attention to them until they get bigger than their own.

On another note. You do realize that the photo of your Easter Bunny has became a taxidermy.net treasure, don't you? That means you will have to keep it in your signature line for forever. I laugh every time I see it.

8. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

I have a aquarium full of them.

[​IMG]

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I.e. if a smelt was bigger it would rival this tiger fish!

Glen thanks for calling with the concern about the liver test. I was out of state and have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest -- which is the way it should be.

And yes that picture of the bunny girl is priceless. I emailed it to my wife and she got a kick out of it too.

10. Thanks everyone for the compliments on my little bunny. There are plenty of pictures of her pissed off. I will rotate them out.

11. sarah

sarah New Member

I JUST found out my little sister is 5 weeks pregnant I hope her little one is as cute as the bunny princess

12. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Don't forget the elderly, the young and disabled

Tiger fish by all means. I wouldn't go swimming in those waters. There is a similar fish from south america, I can't think of the name but I am thinking Arawana but I may be wrong. I don't get any exotic fish like those.

13. peter, that google picture was definetally photo shopped. The fish in the picture has to go a couple hundred pounds unless the guy holding it is a midget. his left hand balancing it does not even show any signs of strain. He looks like a little guy, and is holding it all up with his left hand? LOL

14. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Tom, I agree. Unless the fish is a skateboard (which it doesn't appear to be too stiff), it should also be hanging down more, not out towards the camera (That gravity thing ya know - lol!) Definite PhotoShop deal here!!!

15. sarah

sarah New Member

HEY is it me or does the guy have six toes

16. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

As far as I can count to six,it looks like the guy has a 6 toes in his feet...

17. buckeyebullet23

buckeyebullet23 New Member

Ohio
    man sarah, you have good attention to detail. Lol. Looks like he does. :D

18. sarah

sarah New Member

thanks buckeye

19. Can that fish be skin mounted.. what a heck of a mount that would make!!!!! AL