1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

for the best taxidermy and a good laugh just check this out!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by vonDutch, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

I swear, half of these were sold on eBay over the course of the last year.

2. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

that lion ;D with the mullet hair do ;D ;D ;D ;D and the constapated look on the faces of them poor bassturds ;D :'( ;D i read the comments underneath ;D someone says'' taxidermy is a hobby for people who cannot bond with or love other people ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :'(

3. Looks like that polar bear has been hittin the ganja a little hard. LOL :D :D :D

4. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

true! I hate people!

5. Hi mister von Dutch

Now i know you like my work
    lol
    gr Henk

6. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

A lot of those look like they might be antique, which are pretty much guaranteed to be ugly. I love the creepy vintage stuff - modern bads, not so much

You'd be surprised at the horrible taxidermy on eBay that people bid on. There's one guy who sells wildcats (often fighting snakes for some reason) and their twisted, tortured bodies and deformed faces are the stuff of nightmares. Also seems to be a lot of lizards and armadillos in unnatural standing positions, and some really crappy skeleton articulations.

7. LOL - I know who your talking about Lizardguts - those cats are HORRIBLE. He had a domestic cat on ebay awhile ago. I asked him if the cat died of natural causes (this was obviously not a pet) and he replied "Yes! I can get any cat in any color you like dead tomorrow, naturally!" I immediately thought of this dude strangling the neighbors pet.

All of his cats have bulging eyes and mouths open in contorted positions. Search "cat taxidermy" - he always has at least one or two listed...from Africa I think?

I love old taxidermy...but the new "bad" isn't cool at all.

8. lizardguts

That must be the position their faces freeze in while they're being "naturally" smothered or something. Lol

9. Darcum

Darcum New Member

You beat me to it! I saw that in the paper yesterday and took the page out too keep :D I was going to scan it in and post it up here but you did it for me!
    Some of those mounts are just truly horrendous though!

10. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

Ah I'm 99.9% sure that lion cub is on display at the Harvard Museum of Natural History. It's circa 1920 at least, pretty sure it's from Ward's (most in HMNH are) and coming apart at the seams. They just got 40k or so to redo the giraffe, I hope funding comes in for some of the other old and neglected mounts.

11. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

i have seen one of those lions on ebay for sale

12. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

The one with the pug-face? I saw that one, too! If I remember correctly, the guy wanted $15,000.00 for it! What a laugh!

13. GySgt401

GySgt401 New Member

All i can say is O my god !!!!!

14. lizardguts

Look at these two. I feel guilty for kind of wanting the zildebeest

"Zildebeest" http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Zildebeest-taxidermy-Alexis-Bittar-display-/270786745918?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0c25d63e

horse-giraffe http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Oddities-Horaffe-giraffe-horse-taxidermy-/270786738288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0c25b870

15. I'm not sod on the horse/giraffe - but that Zildebeest is great!

16. I can't believe some of those are actually in museums D: