1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WASCO sold to McKenzie :-(

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Bubbas, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Picked up my last walk in order at WASCO this morning!! Seems McKenzie will be running it for a while just like they Van
    Dykes. Now guess we will be paying for shipping on everything.

2. FIELD2FOREVER

FIELD2FOREVER The more I learn, The more I don't Know!!

what, What, WHAT!?!?

3. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

:-X

4. Everyone has a price.

5. schenk

schenk Member

Heard the same thing. Called in an order yesterday. Booo!
    I liked WASCO, and Vandykes. Now we don't have as many choices.

6. gab

gab Active Member

Ross,you make that sound like a bad thing.I have a price.You probably do too ;D

7. schenk. What do you mean? VanDykes still exists with ALL the same products.

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

John, I had the same question.

9. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Well, I will disagree with that. VanDyke's no longer have some of the products that they used to carry. When I complained I was told they were eliminating "duplication", but as far as I was concerned, the products were NOT interchangeable. Not any BIG deal, but I will miss the innovation that each of the companies used to bring to the industry each year. I have found new sources for some, but it's certainly not as convenient as just adding it to an order.

10. I no, don't get me wrong, I do too., and that's exactly what it meant. lol

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Welcome to the real world! :). LOL

12. You mean your world and my world, some of these guys have it made living within a couple of hours of a supplier.

13. michael p.

I live only 45 minutes from a McKenzie wharehouse buy it's still cheaper for me to have it shipped than waste 2 hours of drive time picking it up.

14. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

when mckenzie buys out these other suppliers they tend to dump all of the older junk items that wern't big sellers for who they bought out.....alot of van dykes older forms were junk and needed to go away....its nice to have one catalog with so many different items making it a one stop shop, however they keep raising their prices and shipping so we are the ones getting screwed.....you can always go to jonas, they will never let go of their supply business

15. John Panter

John Panter New Member

They don't control shipping prices. UPS and FEDEX do.

16. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Mckenzies catalog will be as thick as a phone book next year!

17. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Catalogs will be a thing of the past . In the very near future (online orders)

18. No VanDykes does not have all the products they carried before the McKenzie take over!

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I believe that was mentioned.

20. michael p.

Does Van Dykes have all the same products available that they did before the McKenzie take over???