1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WASCO has become part of McKenzie

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Chit I need a beer!

2. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

You better get a six pack. ;D

3. Probably so D. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE! :)

4. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

D, you do have me thinking, you have me thinking about what I already said that you couldn't answer and you also have me thinking that you may think an awfully lot of yourself for some reason. WOW. I can't believe you are really like that but I've been surprised before. I must of missed the memo of when you became someone in the industry other than just another taxidermist. ??? So now with having said that, you can raise the flag again or you can keep on going because it's obvious that you have jumped the shark on this post and you will keep ranting about it. I will refer you back to the first two posters on this thread. If you don't understand maybe some ginko will help, not sure since I'm not a Dr.

Your bait has been stripped and your hook is bare. Time to bait up again.

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Heck who needs hypothetical? I already said many postings ago that theres more to this than many of your comments suggest that you all know, but I cannot comment with those details, yet I assure you guys its not like youre suggesting, yet the cynicism persists. In fact, as for the misquoted small industry comment, I also said that the total population who hunt and fish, no less experience taxidermy in any way is approx 5 to 7%, and no comment. No hypotheticals here.

6. I bet Ken and Sallie are sitting back and shaking their heads in shock and amazement.

7. Just placed an order from the mckenzie catalog and WASCO , love the one stop ordering

8. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Dan, what did I not answer for you?

And are you making this personal, just because I don't agree with you on something? WOW. I can't believe you are like that. There are guys constantly running around here acting more important than thou. Why would you say something like that to me.

I can't even post a thought in the tanning section without some a$$hole disagreeing with me. When did they became something other than just another tannery worker.

Lord God I am sorry I stepped on your toes. May you ever forgive me.

I'll just go and take my Xanax now, and read about how damn great Truebond 1000 is and how we can tan african and bears at home now posted by the same guy that just a year or so ago was telling everyone it couldn't be done. Nobody calls him out on his comments.

What a bunch of bullchit.

9. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

10. KEN and the team at WASCO I think you. Ken was the lone person in the industry when i started my videos and gave me a shot at it when there were very vew and he took a chance on me. For this i will be ever gratefull to him and rick. They are very special people who have gone way out of there way to assist in anything they were ever asked to do when it came to charitiy events, or any other kind of event where their expertise and generocity were needed. I am also very honored to have called them my friends. I am also a litle bittersweet in my emotions over this. If it was for survoval of the company, I am happy for them. But then again, it is like losing a family member to ken and Sallie, so i know they have mixed emoyions also after all the dust settles. I wish them all the best.

11. John Panter

John Panter New Member

D, I used to say a lot of things like this when I was younger and I will let you in on a little secret, it usually did not end well for me. In regards to your tannery worker comment, I would like to believe that someone working in a professional tannery knows more about tanning than you do. Be careful you don't continue to set fire to too many more bridges.

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Ummmm :D

13. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

D. In his defense DOES work in a professional tannery.......tanners play together as well as Taxidetmists do :)

14. Sometimes they play pretty rough. :)

15. John Panter

John Panter New Member

Oh, I did not know he worked in a tannery. Strike that from the record please.

16. Dave H

Dave H New Member

ohio
    The biggest disadvantage I see is that when a company gets so much bigger than all their competition, it makes it very hard for their comp to be competative at all. They don't get the volume discounts on materials and shipping ETC. All of the smaller companies can't advertise like them, they can't get the same financial backing and in the end they will either go out of business or sell to the bigger company.

In the end we as taxidermists won't have any choice if we want to stay in business but buy from them.

You Have to support Ken and Sallie ib their decision, it's their life and they are free to live it, and in my case it has nothing to do with McKenzie being succesful, I just feel for all the small companies that will suffer over time.

This happened where I live with a big farm service feed mill. They bought every mill in the north east part of the state, along with other businesses such as my dads service station. They closed several of the small mills they bought, terminated all of those people and in the end became the only choice for the farms in this part of the state. They raised all of their service prices on grinding feed, and crop services by 100 to 200% but they still get the business because there is no other logical choice in the area.

In this case it's different becasue farmers can't raise their prices so they really took the entire hit, but there are comparisons with what's happening in our industry. The biggest difference is this is nation wide.

17. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Free Enterprise System. Survival of the fitest. Takes money to make money. For every business that folds, another gains ground.

After reading all this, I swear some of you are closet democrats, who hate guns, hunting, poontang, and the American Dream.

What I'm about to say is totally made up, but surely someone will get the point. Ken and Sally sold WASCO for 1.3 trillion dollars. They are sipping champagne in the Riveara, laughing all the way to the bank, and at how stupid some on here can be. NOW, wouldn't YOU if you had the chance?

Close the doors and loose everything, or dump it and salvage what you can.

Hum.................tough decision. NOT!!

18. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone here is bashing Ken and Sally's decision. What is being brought up is a deep mistrust of things CORPORATE,,, and very rightly so...If all we had to buy from was wal-mart and home depot and cabelas, i would move to another country....These mega giant corporations have gone way past that "ideal" of the American dream, and have become an american NIGHTMARE instead..To justify those by the old addage of the American dream is a little misguided...Walmart does WAY MORE for China than it ever will for us....

19. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Corporate runs America. I guess you'll be packing soon cause it's only gonna get worse with more of the same to come.

20. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Tim, the bigger they have become, the worse the economy has also become. Its a tilted 3% of the mega rich vs the rapidly dwindling middle and lower classes which comprise about 80% of the rest ...Meanwhile these corporations do nothing but sell out to foriegn interests all of the manufacturing to increase thier dividend checks and piss on the USA... And yes its going to get worse until something happens...

Heck, unless Ken had some written in guides, Taxi net could be on the chopping block if the revenues dont make some stock holders happy....