1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WASCO has become part of McKenzie

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Jul 14, 2011.

1. gab

gab Active Member

have you ever lived where all there was to choose from was mom&pop?Mom &pop are pretty damn good at cranking up their prices when they're the only show in town.You can either buy your wranglers from them for $45 or drive 60 miles to wal mart and pay $15

2. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

THAT is the HOOK Gab! CHEAP prices we can afford-----DUE to the fact GOVENMENT has kept wages so low, while inflating everything else. The same government paving the way to sell out manufacturing to foreign interests.....they get their "dividends" too!

3. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Anyone notice that the bigger they get the better Mckenzies customer service seems to get, just sayin.....

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

The government does not "set" waged. There is a minimum wage, but it is up to the individual to personally rise above that. Some fail, some win......it's called freedom.

5. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

ok, ive got to ask,,, R U on the payroll as their official mouth piece??? ;D

Government controls dang near everything right now Mike...What is the #1 job offered by these corporations? answer: MIN WAGE.....At the same time they sell out manufacturing to china. Double dipping their profit margins..If you DONT see the obvious connections between corporate america, the government and the sell out of the USA, then Stevie Wonder should give you some sight lessons.... ;)

6. Then why does the private sector on average make more than government employees? You are dead wrong! For my civil service job the private sector pays 25% more. That ain't regulated by anyone dude.

7. Big Brown 243

Big Brown 243 New Member

When i started out doing taxidermy in the mid eighties there was four or five major supply co out there, so many smaller ones went under as a result of sub par supplies or bad business practice thats how it works. when you have a co such as McKenzie that has the capital to buy other co that are having problems and carry on their names and products thats a good thing. yea they have stopped carring a few things that we like but the trade off in what we gain outweighs what we lost. You have to change and adapt or shut your doors thats all there is to it. The little town that i live in has eating places open up and close just as fast and some of them have great food to boot, but dont have the backing to get through any tough times. Just think how nice it would be if someone came in and bought them and put them under one roof and kept all the former owners ideas alive as well as improve service and quality, every one would win. Thats just what McKenzie has done,when they take on a new supplier their products always improve. Having the latest technoligy to make better supplies makes my job a lot easier. There is a few other suppliers out there that would benifit from becoming part of McKenzie. who knows whats instore for them down the road, it only gets better. Just give progress a chance its not nearly as bad as yall think it is.

8. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Im dead wrong?? abut what ? COrporations selling ut the USA to foreign interests on the backs of our government??? About the economy continuing to DECLINE??? hmmmmmm

9. Damn Ron you and D are going to work yourselves into a nursing home soon. D may get there sooner eating Xanax though. :)

10. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

it aint like that lol! But here how it affect me personally in my area. IF i want something from a HOBBY shop,since all f them are now out of business,, i now have to go to the internet, and order it, at a great price mind you, EXCEPT it is from a chinese owned warehouse in california, just like ALL those other "internet" shopping sites. With parts made in China as well. Whos economy is getting stimulated here? Not ours...But i did get a good deal- THERES THE HOOK on which they currently have us all for the most....I for one feel like a fish these days when i listen to the news.... ;) This isnt really just about Mckenzie, as Ive delt with Mckenzie for a long time and will no doubt continue to do so, but now the Stockholders have the final say and as companies get bigger, so do those chops often expirienced within them...

11. You wouldn't be refering to Gibson's in Kerrville would you?

12. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

If the big company is good, who needs the little guys to try to compete with them? Think about that statement. Why would the little guy compete anyway? I dont need four or ten or a hundred companies to choose from to buy the same product. But, I DO like having a Matuska or Jonas or Research or other companies that offer products not as readily available from the big company. Thats how they stay in business, by diversity. We will always support those companies.

13. the WASCO phone numbers are busy today...did they close shop?

14. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

JP, got that foot out of your mouth yet? ::) Talking about speaking out of turn.

If I burn any bridges I can handle it. But I appreciate everyones concerns though, it really means alot to me.

15. D.Price

Dan where the hell did I say I didn't like it? I just said I was gonna read about it. I haven't even tried the stuff. I don't give a damn if you tan an elephant with it. I read where you can rehydrate any african piece in 72 hours and have it ready to shave all in one sitting.

If you want to debate this one, we can, but you will lose. Now you will have to bare with me though. I have a full time job and a taxidermy business I have to run. I'm not sitting at home 24/7. So when your source gives you ammo to hurl at me, it may take some time to get back to you, because I do actually work.

16. Wow now you are pulling posts from other threads? I doubt very seriously that you are a better shaver or tanner than Aubrey.

17. D.Price

Where the hell did I say that at John? :mad:

18. In the post right before this one D.

19. D.Price

[​IMG]

20. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Anyone got that icon of the smiley digging a hole? LOL :D

Poor Aubrey. Hasn't even said anything and has a witch hunt after him. ::)