1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WASCO has become part of McKenzie

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Cole prices on everything have gone up so that's kind of a lame arguement. Look around at the other suppliers prices.

2. smittysinc

smittysinc New Member

Hmmmmm... I wonder how much more will form and taxidermy supplies increase for 2012??

3. jhawk

jhawk My second job.

Good Luck to all! Hopefully pricing and service will stay within reason. :-\ Wonder who's next on McKenzie's acquisitions list???

4. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Get out of the hospital to find this?!

I have mixed feelings but wish both parties well. I like the idea of one-stop shopping, I only hope that McKenzie will keep the entire WASCO supply line as I buy the stuff from WASCO that no one else sells.

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Raise your prices and you wont have to worry about it. :D My prices will be adjusted before the 2011 deer season.

6. I see McKenzie heading for a monopoly. I thought there are laws against that? Shut down in the future once they purchased the last remaining supplier? I'm sorry Ken, I just don't feel that happy about it. I like to have choices and they are being taken away from what I can see. But I still wish you and your team good luck with any of your endeavours.

7. inkyspal

inkyspal Member

GA
    Those taxidermy trade shows just won't seem the same without that big ole' WASCO booth! ;)

8. There is no law against Sallie and Ken selling WASCO to whomever they see fit. It's not like a hostile take over. Same thing happened at Van Dykes. Cabelas put it up for sale and McKenzie bought it. Simple.

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Wow, I guess all those other supply companies I saw at the Texas show, Pennsylvania show and World show were all figments of my imagination!

I swear people in this industry loathe the success of others. Makes me ****ing sick!

10. That's not what I'm talking about John. Ken can sell to whomever he wants I was talking about monopoly law which is a law that prevents companies from getting so big that they have control over an entire industry/market. Happens with banks and telecom corprations all the time. McKenzie is the one who could fall under that if they continue buying out suppliers.

11. If all the taxidermy shops in my area were for sale and I had the capital I would buy every last one of them and smile all the way to the bank.

12. rodneyrock

rodneyrock Member

McKenzie's new theme song (Another one bites the dust)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Ken take the money and run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFGZufk4HFs

13. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

Congrats to all involved. Personally makes me very happy. Now, hopefully, I can get acrylic bird eyes from McKenzie.

14. But John that would only be your area, not nation wide. ;)

15. I wonder what's going to happen to the HOG MASTER, " Slick Rick Carter" ?

16. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Cole was absolutely right about the price change(increase). There were a some things that I got from VanDyke's that were considerably cheaper than McKenzie sold them for. NOT ANY MORE!

I did and still do, use a lot of the Jody Green deer head forms from VD. Unfortunately the line is not complete in all the different positions, or in all sizes. I was told(confidentially) that there were no plans to complete the line due to "duplication" with existing McK lines. I am afraid that the "independent" development of NEW products and expansion of existing ones will be slowed by McK because of the "bottom line". I hope that I am wrong on that account, but I fear that I right on my assessment.

17. I guess I'm just stupid but I don't see the problem here. The folks at WASCO get to keep their jobs.

18. Maybe VD's lower prices were part of the problem there though. Probably loosing money. Almost everyone here pisses and moans about the taxidermist down the road doing deer heads for 300 bucks but when the prices of a supplier are brought up to par everyone gets pissed about it. ???

19. smittysinc

smittysinc New Member

Raise your prices to offset the increase prices of forms and supplies and we will see how long you stay in business.IN this economy ??? ??? ??? ???Looks like now we will be forced to do all in house tanning now!! Maybe we should start making our own forms just like the boys do in Africa.How many tanneries and part timers will evaporate?? Taxidermy is already expensive for most clients. People will quit getting things mounted until this economy changes. Time will tell.

20. I'm a part timer and haven't seen the ill effect of VD's price increase to competitive industry standards. It's not like they are suddenly the most expensive supplies out there. Wow.