1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whitetail nose finishing using oils

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by eddieb, Jul 15, 2011.

1. I have received several requests to show my Whitetail nose finishing procedure..so here goes;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tem

tem Well-Known Member

nice work eddieb.good & simple. nice work. thanks for sharing.

3. u2cme21999

u2cme21999 New Member

Very nice work,I am gonna give that a try on my next deer head,great tutorial thanks for sharring with us.

4. BMHET

BMHET Member

Looks awesome, you do awesome work eddieb.

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

Outstanding work eddie! But I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Thanks for sharing your techniques.

6. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Thumbs up, Eddie.

7. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Nice work EddieB, I admire your whitetail work. It always looks so clean and lifelike I am just waiting for one of them to blink someday

8. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

I have always been impressed with your work, Thank you for sharing your process!

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Very nice Eddie

10. thanks for sharing!!!!!

11. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Very nice work, thanks for sharing.

12. mimes

mimes Member

Thanks Eddie. Very nice.

13. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    Wow thank you for sharing that with us. I'll be using it with the finishing work on my buddy's deer. I'm new to the sight and all this, so every little bit helps. Was wondering if you have anything posted on here about finishing of the eyes like you did the nose?

14. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Very nice Eddie.
    I may have to try oils again on my next one.

15. Yes, I did share my eye procedure a couple of years ago. You can find it in the tutorial section by subject.

16. I like the use of brown in the nose. Sometimes I think people leave too much pink on the lower lip, and bottom of the nose, and I really like the way that the browns you used blend it all together much better.

17. Great look as always! Thanks for the information.

18. Ditto for me.

19. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    2 ?'s for you. First what color apoxie sculpt do you use? Second when did you use the oil paints? I'm assuming the oil paint is burnt umber, titanium white and ivory black that you used on the nodules.

20. I use the Natural Apoxie Sculpt. I use the oil paint right after the acrylic. The acrylic dries very fast. You must have overlooked it...On the fourteenth photo down in the tutorial I list the three oil colors that I use. Hope this helps.